What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actual/real age of the Cry engine

2»

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    the oversized bridges is something that's been explained several times even after I joined, people (presumebly ones playing the beta) complained the bridges looked "too small" when screen accurate. As for the debris I think it was a matter of being too much stuff needed to animate and run smoothly.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    the oversized bridges is something that's been explained several times even after I joined, people (presumebly ones playing the beta) complained the bridges looked "too small" when screen accurate. As for the debris I think it was a matter of being too much stuff needed to animate and run smoothly.

The "Generations Galaxy" bridge seen in the 2008 trailer, has NEVER been released to STO, accurately sized or otherwise. There is not a single Galaxy bridge ingame that looks the way it should, regardless of size.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I thought the issue with oversized bridges/interiors had something to do with the camera at the time. A problem that they solved somewhere around the time of LOR, since we started seeing more accurately sized interiors at that time with Romulan ships, which carried over into DR with the Voyager interior.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Not buying that, 7 years ago when I started one of the first things I remember saying to others was to question the cathedral like caverns that pass for bridges. Since then we've had plenty of accurately sized bridges and interiors, the TOS and Voyager interiors being the most obvious. I have never seen a reasonable explanation as to why the 1701D bridge has not been added. Maybe Taco knows, it would be great to find out why they haven't.
    the way Tacofangs explained it was that people complained that bridges felt too small so they upscaled them by rather large margin something like 300% actual size, the Voyager and TOS bridges are still upscaled just not by as much 150% for the number Tacofangs used and since I don't go looking for a reason to whine and actually had to deal with those bridges when working on foundry projects I can say he's not just covering his TRIBBLE and they actually are larger then what the sets were.