test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to transfer maps as a team

n7belannan7belanna Member Posts: 28 Arc User
In the last few days I've noticed an annoying new(?) bug while playing Foundry missions.
I haven't played Foundry missions in a team for over a year, so I don't know how long this problem's already there or if other players have had the same experience, but here's what happens when I start a Foundry mission while in a team.

All team members get the mission, fly together to the start system of the mission and enter the system together. On the first map everything works as intended, all team members are able to join the same map and play the first part of the mission together.
But once the first map transfer happens, each team member gets his or her own instance of the same map. This happens every time, no matter if it's a space or ground map and even when everyone accepts the map transfer at the same second.
Even if the overlay "Waiting for team members" appears until everyone has accepted the map transfer, each team member still gets their own instance.
The only way to get back together in one instance I've found is for each team member except one to leave the system, reenter it and then skip through the previous map(s). Especially in missions with a lot of map transfers this gets very annoying very fast. And even if all this works and everyone gets back together on the same map, the enemies there are scaled for one player, so playing with five players isn't exactly fun.
So basically you can't play Foundry missions as a real team anymore.

Has anyone else had problems like this and maybe - hopefully - even found a workaround?
"If you're telling me that this ship can skip across the universe on a highway made of mushrooms, I kind of have to go on faith... Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous. Black alert." - Christopher Pike
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    This bug isn't new though it seems to go on and off at random so there's no idea what's causing it.
This discussion has been closed.