test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New queue UI - a horrible mess

Could we speak of this abomination called "new queue UI" again? It might be here to stay (although I'd still absolutely take old one over new), but Cryptic could at least improve the new one in that case - massively. I hate to complain so much, but really, with PvE Queues being such an integral part of the game, the attention you have paid to complaints is, from my (a player's) perspective, not enough.

I don't know if those are bugs or WAI, but nevertheless, here is a selection of annoying issues that imo need to be addressed ASAP.

• Queue group requires to specify Character name of a player. Just writing @handle in the "invite to Queue group" box is, for some reason, not enough.
  • Queue group chat doesn't sometimes show up at all, or it only shows up in one chat box/tab, but not in others.
  • When teaming up with someone and having queue group set as "invitation mode", simply switching to "team mode" after that is not enough. You have to first disband your team, get everyone to leave the queue group(s) and only then can try teaming up again and have a possibility of also getting your teammates into the same queue group.
  • When teaming up with someone who has forgotten to leave their previous queue group, instead of taking that person out from their previous queue group and put in the same one with their current team, game decides to do nothing, forcing players to understand themselves that they are not in the same queue group.
  • When team leader is changed, the new team leader will be kicked from queue group. If team had more than 2 players, instead of automatically changing queue group leader, the old team leader and others in team will stay in their previous queue group and will be forced to disband it manually before joining the queue group led by new team leader.
  • When someone in your queue group logs off and on again, visually they will stay in queue group, however after starting a match they won't be transported over to new map. All the others who got to map will be bombarded every damn second with "[Player] has joined the map" and "[Player] has left the map", [player] being the name of the one who was left behind.
  • ^ Same thing happens when someone in your queue group just logs off and won't come back online, or switches characters.
  • No right-click option to include players into your private match... erm, invite them to queue group.
  • When teaming or simply forming a queue group, there's a huge notification spam by [System].
  • You have to unqueue your current selection in order to join additional PvE queues.
  • If someone on your team declines when match starts, they will be kicked from queue group, leaving rest of the team still queued, potentially splitting the team up and leaving someone behind that way.
  • Sometimes, when you join a PvE and if someone declines, you will still be counted as "joined" and will essentially stay locked in until it finally decides to start, because being joined, you can't untick your selection, meaning you can't join anything else as well.
  • Double-click merely selects or deselects a PvE, but doesn't queue you up.

And it wouldn't be a "let's complain about new queue UI" post without mentioning the inane amounts of clicking you need to do to actually join something.
(Thank you @e30ernest for those quick comparions)
Queuing up for multiple difficulties of the same STF in the New UI:
- Tick box of desired STF
- Change the difficulty in the drop down
- Tick the box of the new difficulty
- Change the difficulty again (if joining elite as well)
- Tick the box of the new difficulty
- Click Join Selected

Old UI:
- Double click on normal difficulty
- Double click on advanced difficulty
- Double click on elite difficutly
Adding new STFs to queue in the new UI:
- Leave currently selected queues
- Tick boxes for new queues
- Review that it did not deselect previously joined queues
- Click Join Selected

Old UI:
- Double click on desired queue

I will certainly add any more issues here if I remember or encounter them.

P.S. Wait Time column, has this ever been necessary, or accurate in some way?

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    What an elaborate post of current issues with the pve UI.

One thing I could add is a further downgrade to the old one. The number of players on a map is not displayed anymore. We had this feature before and now it seems gone. Why?

Your CD times are displayed. The CD times of other members in the queue group however are not. You get the info if they have CD or not, you even see if bug hunt is locked free on their account but no CD time? Please.

What I find most absurd is the fact that complete queue groups allow the start of a PvE map as cross-faction team (like the old one already did). Incomplete queue groups however are broken if lined up cross-faction.

In all seriousness, Cryptic, why in the world would we ever need such additional instance as in “queue group” in the first place if not to circumvent the games inability to allow cross faction teaming for a queued PvE.

For me and my friends the new system would have been the best addition to game since ever if Cryptic would have just gotten the latter part straight. We even would have accepted the more complicated navigation and all but the way it turns out now it’s basically the worst addition to game since it serves absolutely no purpose and it is even a flat out downgrade to what we had. Sorry.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    There's also some weird prompt that I haven't joined the list of queues if I click join a match without closing the STF UI first. After I go Accept, I get prompted into a new queue.

Biggest annoyance at the moment is the amount of clicking necessary, and of being locked in once queued for a bunch of stuff.

My solution? Get fed up, quit STO, play something else that doesn't have this maze of an end-game UI.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Nice sum up. I'll add the yes/no join window.
    Sometimes it doesnt pop and you get teleported without a prompt. Other times even if it pops, it teleports you without letting you click yes or no.
    And one time, its really happened, I clicked no becouse my phone was ringing and had to answer, yet I have been taken into the queue non the less.
    Anyway I am posting for nothing, since it seems none can see my posts... Go figure... I am banned without any notifications/warnings or I got bugged. Either way it sux :(