test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quick Question about Klingon Bridges?

I've started a new Klingon character and can't remember this so, maybe someone can help me out. Other than the starter ship (B'Rel) do any of the higher level klingon ships allow your captain to actually sit in their own command chair? I seem to recall experiencing several as I leveled up that did not, and it just seemed weird to me that you could not take a seat upon your bridge. I'm running an engineer this time, so cruisers.

Comments

• Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Maybe this was just a failing of some of the different bridge layouts for Klingons?
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    All of the ones I've tried have a useable captain's chair, including the D4x bridge.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    There shouldn't be a bridge in game, that has a captain's chair (some bridges don't i.e. Tholian), that won't let you sit in it. If you find one that doesn't, let us know and we can take a look.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks, but I am sure that I had at least a couple of experiences with Klingon bridge layouts where my characters were unable to actually take a seat. I will repost which ones as I move forward.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    @tacofangs While you're at it could you ask someone to look at the D4x bridge again? The rear seats have no legs.

Also, the Vorgon bridge has no seats and I wonder if that was intentional.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Have never encountered one and I play Klingon 99% of the time.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Have never encountered one and I play Klingon 99% of the time.

That is interesting! I currently have four KDF characters including a couple of Dahar Masters and I literally avoid select klingon bridges for the reason stated, so whether it is a glitch or not I have experienced the opposite from time to time. As I said, I've started a new KDF run and plan on checking out all possible bridge layouts as I level up and I will specify which ones - if any - still refuse to cooperate with me at least.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    You can sit anywhere you want with the sit emotes.
  • Options
    Yeah. I tried that and it is wonky, since once you move the camera perspective that ends the effort. Your toon stands. In cases where you can take the captain's chair you can move that camera view without fouling things up.
  • Options
    tacofangs wrote: »
    There shouldn't be a bridge in game, that has a captain's chair (some bridges don't i.e. Tholian), that won't let you sit in it. If you find one that doesn't, let us know and we can take a look.

While I admit to having gotten somewhat distracted yesterday using the vessels of the Bortasqu' bundle, which I finally opted to grab for my KDF characters, I have begun the process of checking out the available klingon bridges.

For sure the Sompek and the Lukara bridge layouts will simply not allow my captains to take a seat; so there you go! I will update on the others as I get around to them probably later today.
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User

Went through a bunch of the KDF bridges and the following bridges don't allow you to sit in the captain's chair (at least for me):
    Bortas
    Sompek
    Lukara
    Lusor
    Kahless
    Kor
    No'mat
    Majqa
    Sabak
    Mur'eq
    Reclaw
    Kang
    Koloth

Didn't go through all of the BoP bridges but the ones I did seemed to work fine, most of the issues seems focused on the raptor, cruiser, and carrier bridges.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    That's strange. Very strange. I use the Lukara, Lusor, and Bortasqu' bridges exclusively, and they each let me sit in the chairs. My main has even managed to sit with the Captain's chair stance, whilst having one of his women do the same on his lap. Will test to see if the throne can handle two ladies soon. Even been able to change the camera view without messing it up.

I love the Bortasqu' bridge... :D
  • Options

Went through a bunch of the KDF bridges and the following bridges don't allow you to sit in the captain's chair (at least for me):
    Bortas
    Sompek
    Lukara
    Lusor
    Kahless
    Kor
    No'mat
    Majqa
    Sabak
    Mur'eq
    Reclaw
    Kang
    Koloth

Didn't go through all of the BoP bridges but the ones I did seemed to work fine, most of the issues seems focused on the raptor, cruiser, and carrier bridges.

This seems to be the case, yes!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    That's strange. Very strange. I use the Lukara, Lusor, and Bortasqu' bridges exclusively, and they each let me sit in the chairs. My main has even managed to sit with the Captain's chair stance, whilst having one of his women do the same on his lap. Will test to see if the throne can handle two ladies soon. Even been able to change the camera view without messing it up.

I love the Bortasqu' bridge... :D

As a guess alone, it appears that another matter may be at play. Server issues, perhaps? I have the Bortasqu' bridge and can seat my captains easily on those ships too. These are perhaps the only arena-sized ship bridge designs that make sense for me. I get a Disney's The Black Hole vibe from looking out across the outer sections of the Bortasqu' from those bridges.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    As a guess alone, it appears that another matter may be at play. Server issues, perhaps? I have the Bortasqu' bridge and can seat my captains easily on those ships too. These are perhaps the only arena-sized ship bridge designs that make sense for me. I get a Disney's The Black Hole vibe from looking out across the outer sections of the Bortasqu' from those bridges.
    Bortas and Bortasqu' are separate bridge types.
  • Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I agree with everything that captainwells says!
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User

Since you are looking at bridges just want to add: K-13 Andrea Bridge officer does not appear on Klingon Bridges.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    sarah2774 wrote: »

Since you are looking at bridges just want to add: K-13 Andrea Bridge officer does not appear on Klingon Bridges.

Well, that is a shame given how nice she would be to gaze upon.