What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

J.G. Hertzler Joins the Cast of Star Trek Online

13»

Comments

• Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Can imagine Martok being the one to kill Torg instead of the player.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Martok has been captured alive before. I am not convinced that this means anything permanent to the honor of the Klingons.
    I suspect if he manages to escape custody (and isn't just rescued helplessly from his cell), he'll do fine.

Nothing is more honorable than victory.

Unless Cryptic plans some ... redecoration on Q'onos, I suspect that there will at least be a way for J'mpok to stay in his position. Since Kahless is dead, maybe it's time for a new Emperor?

Pretty much this. While dying in battle is by far the proper way to go, getting captured does not necessarily lead to dishonor. For one thing, it depends on the manner in which you were captured. If Torg, for instance, used treachery, such as poisoning or some such to render Martok unconscious, the dishonor would more fall on Torg for using less then direct means when battling Martok.

Likewise, Killing Torg (which lets all be honest, is LONG overdue), for dishonoring Martok, would also set things right.

I am confident that the developer will do right by our Chancellor and Martok will reclaim his rightful place in Klingon society.

The Klingons in the Romulan prison camp were found wounded on the field of battle and healed against their will and not allowed to commit suicide, yet their children were subject to their dishonor.