test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime question

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
I am looking at getting a lifetime sub, and wondering what methods are there to pay?

Can Perfect World Cards be used? o.o
dvZq2Aj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Perfect World cards? You mean paying in Zen like how you buy ships? No, sadly you have to pay direct. Either Credit/Debit or PayPal. And sorry to tell you this, but you really missed a great deal. There was a Lifetime sub sale that just ended yesterday where it was $100 off.
    gilion wrote: »
    Perfect World cards? You mean paying in Zen like how you buy ships? No, sadly you have to pay direct. Either Credit/Debit or PayPal. And sorry to tell you this, but you really missed a great deal. There was a Lifetime sub sale that just ended yesterday where it was $100 off.

On the game launcher says 6/22 - 7/27 o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    The Lifetime Sub is definitely worth it. You get a lot of bang for your buck when its on sale.

T5 Heavy Destroyers & T6 Heavy Destroyers for all factions.
    And a lot of different bonuses.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    hibari#2697 hibari Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Sale is active until August 11th.
    Source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10067173-star-trek-online:-lifetime-subscription-sale
  • Options
    hibari#2697 hibari Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    lighte007 wrote: »
    The Lifetime Sub is definitely worth it. You get a lot of bang for your buck when its on sale.

Borg toon + Android BOFF = amazing inner-RP love story.

... What?
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    My bad, I never thought the sale would go on that long so when I checked the date, I saw July, but my brain read June. This however:
    koeilawl wrote: »

Sale is active until August 11th.
    Source: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10067173-star-trek-online:-lifetime-subscription-sale

Totally wrong, did you check the date on that article mate?

Anyway, ya I also think the Lifetime sub is worth it on sale, bought it myself and dont regret it. If you think you'll be playing this game for at least another year, then you'll get your money's worth back in VIP rewards and monthly stipend of Zen.
    It's nice for those creating alts. The +5% XP gain gets rid of the need to grind, plus new characters get extra respec tokens as you level up. Plus an extra T5 token, and the T5/T6 tac ships (Chimera/Mantichore for Feds).
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Been levelling a temporal character on the ps4 version and sorely missing the extra boff slots although not enough to splurge on another LTS.

Whats interesting is that on console you can buy the zen and then buy the package ingame from the zen store. Probably because from what I can tell it doesnt include the stipend.
    koeilawl wrote: »
    lighte007 wrote: »

Borg toon + Android BOFF = amazing inner-RP love story.

... What?

And the heartbreak of an incompatible dongle?
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    The LTS actually pays itself after a certain amount of time. The amount of time depends on how you define it and whether you got it on sale.

Value of stipend: 3 yrs 4 mos (sale price), 5 yrs (normal price)
    vs. cost of monthly sub: 1 yr 2 mos (sale price), 1 yr 8 mos (normal price)

If you're in for the long haul, it's a great investment. After 40 months, Cryptic is paying you. That 500 Zen a month is a nice perk, especially if you go away for a while between content releases and come back to a nice little stack of Zen. Of course there's also the immediate unlock of all the veteran perks that you get right away. Ships, tokens, fun gadgets, free EV suits, Boffs, oh my!
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Do you get your zen stipend right away? I just brought mine yesterday and I haven't had a chance to log in and play super busy with real life but I am working on my new Fed Tac Borg drone and love him so far but I noticed my zen stipend hasn't hit
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    You get your stipend once a month. It is supposed to be on whatever date you subscribed/went LTS so if you bought your LTS on the 10th, you get your stipend on the 10th of every month thereafter. Although I have no clue how they handle ones that started on the 31st, (or anything after the 28th when February rolls around.)

Although it has been a while, I seem to recall I didn't get my first stipend until a month after buying my LTS.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Wonderful and I don't have the extra cash to add zen to my new toon unless I steal it from the other toons LOL