test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alliance Scout Development Program

brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
In my fanfic I've taken the next step in consolidating the Alliance by having them jointly develop new ships which are then made available to all members.

Naturally, the project begins with upgrading existing ships as Scouts, which are dual purpose military reconnaisance ships and ships of exploration. Other projects will focus on other vessel classes, but this first project aims to develop a class of ships intended to map the vast territories now nominally under Alliance control.

I began with Tier 2 and selected ships which were at least nominally scout-type ships. The idea is to develop T6 versions of the ships with an Intel BOff station. I'd love an Exploration specialization, but alas, there is none. A secondary Pilot station would benefit the class, but having two specs on such small ships might be a bit much.

The general idea is to create Science Vessel/Raider hybrids using the Dhelan Warbird, Qul'Dun Raider, and Nova Science Vessel. Each class would share a single experience chain with the final trait available only to the Alliance Scout.

Along with the ships themselves, I've come up with equipment:

Phased Disruptor and Phased Plasma weapons, both arrays and cannons of all types, which combine a small phaser proc with the weapon's normal proc.
Tachyon Torpedoes intended to destroy shields and force cloaked ships to decloak. They damage like Chronitons.
Tachyon Mines which establish a 10km AOE Tachyon Detection Grid once fully deployed which lasts as long as the mines are not tracking a target.
Alliance Polyphasic Tachyon Deflector which improves perception and accuracy
Alliance Polyhasic Shielding which reduces enemy perception and accuracy, and grants a stacking bonus versus energy type of the last attack.
Raider Impulse Engines which are efficient at high and low power settings and boost power transfer rates.
Raider Warp Core/Singularity core which boosts Engine and Weapon power and possibly raises their cap.
Raider Capacitor console which improves power transfer rates and charges weapon power to 100% over time while cloaked regardless of power setting.

Now, I know the idea is not perfect, it's still in development, and exact figures are kind of pointless anyway; however, I'd be happy to hear your critiques and ideas on the issue. The ultimate aim is to create T6 versions of the Dhelan, Qul'Dun, and Nova, then create a single vessel using the best of all three which is cross faction. Buying the Cross Faction version unlocks access to all four ships, but buying the cheaper faction locked ships only unlocks that class.