Star Trek Discovery Fleet

alainir#9041 alainir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Group Name: Star Trek Discovery Community Group
Fleet: Discovery Fleet (STO PC)
Discord: https://discord.gg/gR2d9qX
Timezones currently active: Weekday evenings mostly GMT/PST and All Weekends
Languages: English and Spanish

Greetings Captains,

We have set up a community group for fans of Star Trek Discovery alongside two new Federation and KDF 'Discovery Fleets'.

As they are new Fleets we are very much looking for some great people to join us of all abilities to help developing those projects, completing missions and STFs/Events together.

The real focus is a community group that really does seek to engage with each other.

We have leadership opportunities we are looking to fill as well as offering a home to players

Our current membership base is English/Spanish/USA but welcome anyone that wants to interact, play with us or just be a part of the community group.

I am also looking to speak to any Fleet leaders out there that might be interested in Armada relationships beyond just typical donating to each others projects but actual alliance type friendships where we can plan events and common activities of interest between groups.

Thanks for your time

Nacra
ST Discovery Community Group Leader

Comments

• rickpadwick1801#8985 rickpadwick1801 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Hi,

Just wondering what kind of leadership opportunites you might have available ?

I'm either looking to setup a new fleet of my own or join a brand new fleet I can help build from the ground up as my current fleet is not particularly active.

I have 5 toons at the moment all looking for a new home.

Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
    Rick
  • alainir#9041 alainir Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hi Rick

I will be logging on shortly would it be helpful to catch up in game or have a chat on discord or something else?

Kind regards

Nac
  • rickpadwick1801#8985 rickpadwick1801 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Hi Rick

I will be logging on shortly would it be helpful to catch up in game or have a chat on discord or something else?

Kind regards

Nac

Hi Nac, I'm currently online now. Not using my primary character though.

I can switch to my primary toon in a minute though. Tell me how you want to catch up :-)

Kind Regards,
    Rick
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Chat with me when you are on...
    @.Spartan
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    edited July 2017
    Great.. Getting on shortly..

Update: Got the friend request.
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    aspartan1 wrote: »

Great to have you aboard with us Spartan and look forward to building the KDF arm of Discovery Fleet 'Obscurea Order' together, having your experience and insight into the game will be a great addition to the team.
  • xicrazylizardx#0912 xicrazylizardx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi do you accept new players? Im looking for an actice fleet that would be willing to help a new player out. Just hit lvl 20 and absolutely loving the game.
    aspartan1 wrote: »

Great to have you aboard with us Spartan and look forward to building the KDF arm of Discovery Fleet 'Obscurea Order' together, having your experience and insight into the game will be a great addition to the team.
    I'm looking forward to crafting a solid community oriented experience with you and the others.
  • bazzah#2614 bazzah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi do you accept new players? Im looking for an actice fleet that would be willing to help a new player out. Just hit lvl 20 and absolutely loving the game.

Same here! I have a lvl 60 character (and a couple other lower level) and played with the lvl 60 all the story lines on the Federation side. Was a member of a fleet, but realized too late that it only had 2 members :D
    Now looking to join a fleet for some added experience and co-op things. PM me the details :)

Same here! I have a lvl 60 character (and a couple other lower level) and played with the lvl 60 all the story lines on the Federation side. Was a member of a fleet, but realized too late that it only had 2 members :D
    Now looking to join a fleet for some added experience and co-op things. PM me the details :)

Hi Bazzah

XICrazylizardx joined us yesterday you can reach me in game @alainir#9041 or details at the top of this thread give details on contacting us outside of game via discord/forums :)
  • bazzah#2614 bazzah Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Hi Bazzah

XICrazylizardx joined us yesterday you can reach me in game @alainir#9041 or details at the top of this thread give details on contacting us outside of game via discord/forums :)

Right on, just added you in the game as friend

Right on, just added you in the game as friend

Great to have you with us Bazzah :)
    As we approach starbase tier 2 we continue to look for new friends out there that might like to join us. Regular T5 and T6 ship giveaways for those participating in our events and collaborating with others in game.

This weekend we will be helping with the crafting materials and running some STFs together.

In addition looking for experienced players that are also looking for a group to help shape and run with duties to be completed if you're keen to help out and steer the ship the more hands the better. If you'd like an informal chat in game or discord;

Discord: https://discord.gg/gR2d9qX
    My handle: @alainir#9041
    For what it is worth, speaking as a highly jaded player, I can say with all honesty the core group of members of this particular community are first class in all regards. They clearly subscribe to the old school MMO paradigm and are a seriously helpful and rather friendly group.

In essence, if you are looking for a high caliber, particularly community oriented organization, with dare I say gregarious proclivities foster by an overall jovial penchant, then look no further than the Discovery Community to enhance your STO experience.
  • laskeyclaskeyc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just come back to the game after 2 years away, (traveling) looking for a new fleet to join.
    laskeyc wrote: »
    Just come back to the game after 2 years away, (traveling) looking for a new fleet to join.

If you are interested in an older community with no drama and lots support and are of the same ilk please take the time become acquainted organization. You'll be glad you did...
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Joined up yesterday and liking what is going on so far. Hope Y'all didn't make a mistake by letting me in, lol.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    Joined up yesterday and liking what is going on so far. Hope Y'all didn't make a mistake by letting me in, lol.

LOL!! We shall see...
    edited August 2017
    Well, would you believe in advance I didn't do it? No, really. I can prove it. You see, I have an Evil Twin. His name is Skippy. All my life, I've been blamed for things Skippy does.

And he is a world class Evil Twin. Holds monthly seminars at US $1,000 a pop to teach other evil twins how to be eviler. Hates puppies and kittens. Steals candy from babies. Puts thumbtacks on people's chairs. Farts in church. Skippy covers the gamut of Evil Twin stuff.

Worst of all, Skippy is a hardcore Stars Wars fan. Hates anything remotely related to Star Trek. To the point he walked two blocks out of his way to avoid going past the cineplex showing ST:Beyond, lol.
  • geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I'm interested in joining, who do I contact and how do I join?
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
    Well, would you believe in advance I didn't do it? No, really. I can prove it. You see, I have an Evil Twin. His name is Skippy. All my life, I've been blamed for things Skippy does.

And he is a world class Evil Twin. Holds monthly seminars at US $1,000 a pop to teach other evil twins how to be eviler. Hates puppies and kittens. Steals candy from babies. Puts thumbtacks on people's chairs. Farts in church. Skippy covers the gamut of Evil Twin stuff.

Worst of all, Skippy is a hardcore Stars Wars fan. Hates anything remotely related to Star Trek. To the point he walked two blocks out of his way to avoid going past the cineplex showing ST:Beyond, lol.

He sounds like a fun guy at parties for sure...
    edited August 2017
    geoff484 wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining, who do I contact and how do I join?

You can contact me (@.Spartan) or alainir (@alainir#9041) in game or click on the link in our signatures and go to the community forums and sign up or via the Discord chatroom.
    edited August 2017
    Entirely shameless bump to bring this topic back to the front page.
    Like it here so far. Everyone has been really nice to the Old Guy. Unsure if I am yet far enough up the food chain to be able to Invite people to the Fleet but I'll be glad to do what I can @thunderfoot1007 ingame handle.
    Entirely shameless bump to bring this topic back to the front page.
    Like it here so far. Everyone has been really nice to the Old Guy. Unsure if I am yet far enough up the food chain to be able to Invite people to the Fleet but I'll be glad to do what I can @thunderfoot1007 ingame handle.

Thanks... For what it is worth, its your fleet too from the moment you join. Your efforts and commitment are appreciated to say the least.
    So very glad I found this Fleet. Does what is advertised on the package.
  • laurence9901laurence9901 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello I am looking for a newer fleet to join and help build I am on now was hoping for an invite to check out your fleet.
    Hello I am looking for a newer fleet to join and help build I am on now was hoping for an invite to check out your fleet.

Aloha! Please feel free to send myself or alainir a friend request for an invite...
  • xan245xan245 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi,

I've been away from STO for quite a while, have quite a bit of catching up to do. I have a few characters my main and favourite is a Sci Captain using a T6 Pathfinder (Intrepid skin, easily my favourite starship) though my gear is still of the MACO MK XI era which doesn't seem to cut it anymore when joining random teams so I'm looking for a group to join who won't mind providing a little guidance while I bring myself up to the current standard.

Think you could find room for me?