test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 K't'inga = unobtainium?

Comments

• Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    If you're waiting for the tos connies to go into the phoenix box you'd might as well just make peace with never getting one.

This promo event lasts for weeks, every day more ships will be produced by people winning them.

Supply goes up, what happens to price? It goes down.

We'll see.

Didn't happen with the second run. None are yet on the exchange with its increased cap but we have until next month to see if they appear.
  • Options
    Something I find interesting is that is isn't an Infinity Pack but is the straight re-run of the Connie pack.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    If anyone is suffering from the delusion that the T6 Temporal Choice pack will ever hit the Phoenix packs . . . well, you're delusional.

Now is the time to be looking. I wish you all luck.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yup, when the box has either a T6 Connie or a T6 K'tinga, the owner goes and looks at what they can get for it. One is in demand, the other is not? If you are willing to pay T6 Connie price, someone might be willing to sell you one. But few would risk getting stuck with a KDF ship when the Connie would be a sure thing sale.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I can't even find one on the Exchange. It seems there are none to be had, for love or money.

Cryptic has three pat answers for this situation...

1. yes-the bundle goes back up, or the ship goes into the annual Dilithium box.
    2. No-sometimes this is because they're in negotiation, or they haven't got permission to release (or re-release) it.
    3. Wait for it. this is the answer you should bank on, because if it's popular, it will return. (if it isn't, it might anyway, see option 1)

The smart consumer banks on answers 3 and 1, answer 2 is almost always going to be a matter of a temporary situation. Don't get bent over by the dealers and the traders, be patient...

The "anual Dilithium Box" aka the Phoenix Prize Pack is not for promotion ships. It's for Event ships and items.

The only place promo ships go other than repeats of promo runs is in the respective infinity promotion.

It seems they decided the Connie and its Klingon and Romulan rivals are getting a box rerun rather then into the infinity promotion.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Some are bound to pop up on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/STOTrades/) sooner or later. Check back often and ask around, you might be able to negotiate a deal there or ingame.
    As for rarity, yeah. The D7 and T'liss are a LOT rarer than the connie, but patience and the occasional promos will at least provide a supply. Be ready to pay steep (connie price range) though, as people don't wanna sell a D7 for half the price they could have sold a connie at.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Phoenix Prize Pack Event also had T5 Promotion Ships, the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and Voth Bulwark.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    alphagor wrote: »
    As for rarity, yeah. The D7 and T'liss are a LOT rarer than the connie, but patience and the occasional promos will at least provide a supply. Be ready to pay steep (connie price range) though, as people don't wanna sell a D7 for half the price they could have sold a connie at.

YOU CAN GET THE D7 FROM ANY 23C PROMO SHIP BOX. Unlike the Kelvin box, the ship boxes do not faction-lock when they drop.

I made the mistake of assuming that (like the Kelvin Raider) you needed to open the promo pack on a KDF alt to get the D7; suffice to say I opened an embarrassing number of promo packs before realizing my mistake and managing to get one via trade in ESD chat. I'd hate for someone else to make that mistake. So yeah, be prepared to pay Connie prices as in trading terms they're the same thing.

Where hardcore KDF players will have a problem is with meeting someone who has a ship to trade - if they do, overwhelming odds are that it will be on a Fed alt so bridge invites to trade will be problematic. I would very strongly recommend that the best bet for getting one is to have your token Fed alt hang around ESD looking for trades, or get on the trading channels.

@chastity1337; At the risk of stating the obvious, are you aware of the T5U Fleet K't'inga? It's not in the same league as the Temporal D7 but it's a perfectly usable ship that can use any of the K't'inga or D7 skins.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I would but it's priced beyond mere mortals. I can either spend a couple hundred quid on keys and sell them or just buy the boxes and take my chances. As nice as the increased exchange cap is it only benefits those 'elite' players who know the secret to earning billions of EC in-game.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    alphagoralphagor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    staq16 wrote: »

YOU CAN GET THE D7 FROM ANY 23C PROMO SHIP BOX. Unlike the Kelvin box, the ship boxes do not faction-lock when they drop.

I made the mistake of assuming that (like the Kelvin Raider) you needed to open the promo pack on a KDF alt to get the D7; suffice to say I opened an embarrassing number of promo packs before realizing my mistake and managing to get one via trade in ESD chat. I'd hate for someone else to make that mistake. So yeah, be prepared to pay Connie prices as in trading terms they're the same thing.

Where hardcore KDF players will have a problem is with meeting someone who has a ship to trade - if they do, overwhelming odds are that it will be on a Fed alt so bridge invites to trade will be problematic. I would very strongly recommend that the best bet for getting one is to have your token Fed alt hang around ESD looking for trades, or get on the trading channels.

@chastity1337; At the risk of stating the obvious, are you aware of the T5U Fleet K't'inga? It's not in the same league as the Temporal D7 but it's a perfectly usable ship that can use any of the K't'inga or D7 skins.

Who ever said you can't open a pack to get a D7 as fed? I said it is a LOT LESS in value. Why should I open a D7 if I can sell the connie for twice the price?
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Who ever said you can't open a pack to get a D7 as fed? I said it is a LOT LESS in value. Why should I open a D7 if I can sell the connie for twice the price?

Got to admit, it never even occurred to me that was an option - I honestly can't recall being presented with the choice! I'm aware that people open the 23C Dreadnought box to get a faction-specific model, and then sell that; it always struck me this was deeply unscrupulous behavior, since they're invariably priced at much more than the multi-choice box and I assume the sellers are hoping for a misinformed buyer.

I was just concerned that someone reading this thread would make the same mistake I did....
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    At the risk of stating the obvious, are you aware of the T5U Fleet K't'inga? It's not in the same league as the Temporal D7 but it's a perfectly usable ship that can use any of the K't'inga or D7 skins.

It cannot use the D7 skin. That's exclusive to the temporal ship. The fleet version is limited to the old launch era K't'inga with the option to remove the wing panels that the game labels D7 but is not the same as the AoY revamped D7 hull of the temporal ship.

22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Phoenix Prize Pack Event also had T5 Promotion Ships, the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and Voth Bulwark.

Then the logical conclusion is that the T6 Promo Ships will be added to the Phoenix Prize Pack after T7 ships are introduced into the game.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Maybe this quote is a joke that I'm not understanding because there is ZERO difference in price between these two ships as the box that drops them can be listed on the exchange.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    At the risk of stating the obvious, are you aware of the T5U Fleet K't'inga? It's not in the same league as the Temporal D7 but it's a perfectly usable ship that can use any of the K't'inga or D7 skins.

It cannot use the D7 skin. That's exclusive to the temporal ship. The fleet version is limited to the old launch era K't'inga with the option to remove the wing panels that the game labels D7 but is not the same as the AoY revamped D7 hull of the temporal ship.

I had the old T5U Fleet D7 from long ago, haven't used it in ages. Seeing what you said I tried it out at the ship tailor and to my disappointment, you are right. The updated D7 skins are not available to the previous versions of the ship at T5, etc. Real annoying when you consider the Constitution and Miranda skin, model updates were backfitted to even the Tier 1 versions.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »

I had the old T5U Fleet D7 from long ago, haven't used it in ages. Seeing what you said I tried it out at the ship tailor and to my disappointment, you are right. The updated D7 skins are not available to the previous versions of the ship at T5, etc. Real annoying when you consider the Constitution and Miranda skin, model updates were backfitted to even the Tier 1 versions.

I checked with a Dev when they first came out and the reason it's locked out is because it's an endgame ship and it would stop people from chasing the temporal version. Same reason why the T6 Malem cannot use the T'liss skin. Starfleet doesn't have an endgame conni other than the temporal version.

As for why the low level connis can use the new skin and the low level T'Liss and D7 cannot? No idea. Probably to stave off complaints that they cannot then be used on the T5/6 versions.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    There won't be T7 ships.

Therefore, the result is... (connecting the dots)
  • Options
    It's only been one day and already there are like 5 on the exchange, with undercutting already making them 1.4b

Told you guys not to get ripped off!

That price is still a rip off.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »

The Devs have flat out said they have no plans for T7 ships & there is no need for them with the Specialization system allowing Lateral Progression.

... and the conclusion would be the T6 Promo ships will not be included in the Phoenix Prize Packs as a possible prize.

Look back at the sentence I quoted from ltminns.

For the long drawn out explanation he assumed just because the T5 promo ships can be selected that means T6 promo ship could be added a well. However, the reason why those T5 promo ships are there is because we currently have T6 ships in the game which in general are better than T5 ships.

If T6 promo ships were to be added to the Phoenix Prize Pack, that would mean there would have to be something better than a T6 ship in order for that to happen. What's better than a T6 ship? A "T7" ship.

If Cryptic has no intention of releasing "T7" ships, then that means....
  • Options
    Also these bad boys are down below 1.4b on the ex now!

Everyone should be thankful they raised the bank and exchange limits, price competition is doing its thing.

1390 is below 1.4 b yes, but not enough to matter. You love half-truths.

Let me know when the price gets to under 800 million. Until then, it's just massive profit for the seller.