test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Updated Constitution and Miranda Options!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I don't understand why people nag about a Tier 6 Constitution Class.
    [SNIP]

Because it is THE iconic ship from Star Trek. For over a decade and a half it was the ONLY hero Star Trek ship. Kirk's original Enterprise (and refit). NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D. Or E. Or NX. The ship that IS Star Trek.

A lot of us grew up with that ship before Next Gen was a twinkle in Gene's eye. Long before Michael Westmore ever smacked the first Cardassian over the head with a spoon. Long before Kate Mulgrew was Mrs. Columbo (much less Kathryn Janeway). Long, LONG before Scott Bakula Quantum Leaped his way to Warp 5. This ship is the proverbial IT. For many of us, she is the Holy Grail of imaginative dreams of starflight. 50 years of love of Star Trek were born and raised on THAT ship. For you youngsters who grew up with TNG and the later shows, maybe she wasn't your first love (Trekwise); but for me, and many others, she was. And is. To you, perhaps, she may look dated and cheesy. To us, she is beautiful, elegant, and graceful beyond all her successors. Her clean hull (free of greeblies and Aztec patterns) gives her a streamlined look, and the same unblemished skin shared with the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo craft, and even with the Space Shuttles.

(BTW, The D-7 (as opposed to the greebly K'Tinga) and the Romulan Bird of Prey (T'Liss) often strike us the same way. Clean. Graceful. Elegant. Unlike THEIR successors).

Many of us remember the years when there was ONLY the Original Series, before Next Gen arrived. And you know what it was called then? Star Trek. Not TOS. Star Trek. And that original Constitution was "the Star Trek ship". She is (and always will be) OUR ship of dreams.

That's why, Snowwolf.

d1Bhlgl.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I don't understand why people nag about a Tier 6 Constitution Class.
    [SNIP]

Because it is THE iconic ship from Star Trek. For over a decade and a half it was the ONLY hero Star Trek ship. Kirk's original Enterprise (and refit). NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D. Or E. Or NX. The ship that IS Star Trek.

A lot of us grew up with that ship before Next Gen was a twinkle in Gene's eye. Long before Michael Westmore ever smacked the first Cardassian over the head with a spoon. Long before Kate Mulgrew was Mrs. Columbo (much less Kathryn Janeway). Long, LONG before Scott Bakula Quantum Leaped his way to Warp 5. This ship is the proverbial IT. For many of us, she is the Holy Grail of imaginative dreams of starflight. 50 years of love of Star Trek were born and raised on THAT ship. For you youngsters who grew up with TNG and the later shows, maybe she wasn't your first love (Trekwise); but for me, and many others, she was. And is. To you, perhaps, she may look dated and cheesy. To us, she is beautiful, elegant, and graceful beyond all her successors. Her clean hull (free of greeblies and Aztec patterns) gives her a streamlined look, and the same unblemished skin shared with the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo craft, and even with the Space Shuttles.

(BTW, The D-7 (as opposed to the greebly K'Tinga) and the Romulan Bird of Prey (T'Liss) often strike us the same way. Clean. Graceful. Elegant. Unlike THEIR successors).

Many of us remember the years when there was ONLY the Original Series, before Next Gen arrived. And you know what it was called then? Star Trek. Not TOS. Star Trek. And that original Constitution was "the Star Trek ship". She is (and always will be) OUR ship of dreams.

That's why, Snowwolf.

that was, is, well ever be, the best post ever and i thank you...
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The USS Aper in Eath orbit next to a retrofitted Miranda

07Le2c2.jpg

The Aper above Risa

VynScjp.jpg

and the USS Scrofa, a Light Cruiser Refit

IkjGo5k.jpg​​

My USS Hoagland, NCC-1991. Dunno how to take screen shots like everyone does. ^_^;;
    Qk28jLY.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The USS Aper in Eath orbit next to a retrofitted Miranda

07Le2c2.jpg

The Aper above Risa

VynScjp.jpg

and the USS Scrofa, a Light Cruiser Refit

IkjGo5k.jpg​​

My USS Hoagland, NCC-1991. Dunno how to take screen shots like everyone does. ^_^;;
    Qk28jLY.jpg

You mean how to get rid of the UI? Alt-F12.

And thanks for the cookies...you really had me eating out of your hand there! :)

And thank you too, Vinny, for the kind words!