test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would like to be able to upgrade boards

it's a simple idea. just place a powerboard upgrade module on the vender for 500 lohlunat. then use the upgrade system to upgrade all the way to epic. that would give us a chance to use all the nice boards in the shop.

no one uses the lesser boards because they are auto fail. and our choices for fast boards are slim. at least we can have some variety.

what do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Your pricing isn't even close to reflecting what the cost should be
  • Options
    pongo73pongo73 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    how so

epic board is 1500

superior is 1000 + upgrade 500 = 1500

advanced is 500 + 2 upgade 1000 = 1500

basic 50 + 3 upgrade 1500 = 1550

how is pricing off?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,482 Community Moderator
    OR... Just buy the Epic board. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Just save up to buy an epic board. It's that simple. It doesn't really take that long and Cryptic does not need to do anything on their end.
  • Options
    pongo73pongo73 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I find it interesting that in a game that gives you many amazing customization options, from character creation, outfits, ship kitbashing and appearances. you can even choose what ship gear appears on your ship.

but wanting to be competitive on more than 3 boards is not even to be considered?

I would like to see some of the 26 other boards being used.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    To support pongo73, I don't see anywhere he wanted a cheaper or faster way to get the board. I think even with more than a 500 lohlunat upgrade, he'd be happy.

The thing he noticed, and I did as well, is that races have a pretty low variety of boards. We have the three faction boards, the Targ and the Future Flyer. That's it. There's literally dozens of board designs nobody uses because they are neither good enough to keep up to win nor cheap enough to "just have one board to take part". This includes the Gold/Silver/Bronze reward boards of biathlon by the way. Similar thing for the floaters.

I have no idea how feasible this would be, since quite a few more boards would probably have to be made - artwork is already done, though. But if I wanted to fly one of the basic wood designs, and variety across my toons would make that an interesting thing, being able to do so would be nice.

(Though similar arguments could be made about getting your low tier ships up, so the artwork ain't lost, and have been made and shot down).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Personally I think they should put boards in the "kit" slot, since you cant use kits anyway on Risa, and instead have the boards be entirely cosmetic, with the different speed boosts etc being buyable modules you can slot that affects the performance of the board.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q