test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would this be allowed?

I was planning in a multi mission storyline to have players enter a club similar to the one in the pirate base at Nimbus, so I was wondering if that's something that foundry authors are allowed to do or is that something only cryptic is allowed?

Best Answer

• theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    It is permitted, provided that it doesn't copy TAS, the new Star Trek movies, plagiarize other material, or use the likeness or name of any real person, living or dead (the EULA covers more than just the Star Trek actors).

If you use a middle-aged, balding dude with light brown hair, then you are using my likeness, and you are falling afoul of the EULA :P I will, of course, go after you. Of course, I'm kidding, but perhaps you get my point. So many have not.

As a side note, technically, the use of certain items that are provided in the Foundry would be in violation of the EULA; however, I'm guessing that Cryptic will not punish the use of the Kelvin assets that it has supplied.

Be Well :)

Answers

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    It is permitted, provided that it doesn't copy TAS, the new Star Trek movies, plagiarize other material, or use the likeness or name of any real person, living or dead (the EULA covers more than just the Star Trek actors).

If you use a middle-aged, balding dude with light brown hair, then you are using my likeness, and you are falling afoul of the EULA :P I will, of course, go after you. Of course, I'm kidding, but perhaps you get my point. So many have not.

As a side note, technically, the use of certain items that are provided in the Foundry would be in violation of the EULA; however, I'm guessing that Cryptic will not punish the use of the Kelvin assets that it has supplied.

Be Well :)
    I was more wondering that would such content be deemed too "sexual" for the foundry seeing as the nimbus club had females (and one male) dancing in skimpy clothes. By finnish standards that's not really that racy but STO goes by the USA standards so one must be careful about those.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    The Orion dancers are fine, provided that they are dancing; as you pointed out, Cryptic themselves used the dancers to create atmosphere. If you were to go further, and attempt to simulate other adult activities (not that you would), that's when you would be in violation of the EULA.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I have no intentions of going any futher then what cryptic went in that mission, my intentions are to create the atmosphere that the place is seedy and more then a little dangerous, not to have something "naughty" for its own sake.