test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2017 Summer Event Ship... 25days?

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
Didn't this used to work like winter where your first run gave you 400 then after that you got 40?
So now instead of 16 runs we now have to do 25! Doesn't give a lot of wiggle room for missed days! :/
Post edited by dracounguis on

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Only the Anniversary event gave an initial 400 vouchers.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Right, Only the Anniversary Event gave 400 because it's shorter than the Winter/Summer Events. Those events run around 42 days so you have plenty of time to get all your runs in.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Right, Only the Anniversary Event gave 400 because it's shorter than the Winter/Summer Events. Those events run around 42 days so you have plenty of time to get all your runs in.

And to be honest, they are quite simple, more than the Winter race..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I guess I have my events confused then. :s
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

And we all know that 42 is the answer..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    You can use lobi to buy vouchers if you fall short
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    Personally I think it should run longer. The summer event is my favorite one and its great for celebrating summer and encouraging activity.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    vamank wrote: »
    Personally I think it should run longer. The summer event is my favorite one and its great for celebrating summer and encouraging activity.

should run longer cause it's harder to earn event currency... cost 1k to buy a good floater, cost 1k for each DO... cost 1k? for each mod kit... not sure how much the manuals will cost. it's one thing if they were account unlocks but they are per character...

cant do any DO assignments to earn event currency... your basically stuck at Risa... and doing the race isnt an option of your connection isnt good.
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    Didn't this used to work like winter where your first run gave you 400 then after that you got 40?
    So now instead of 16 runs we now have to do 25! Doesn't give a lot of wiggle room for missed days! :/

I still thank the gods it became an account unlock when it did...
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

should run longer cause it's harder to earn event currency... cost 1k to buy a good floater, cost 1k for each DO... cost 1k? for each mod kit... not sure how much the manuals will cost. it's one thing if they were account unlocks but they are per character...

cant do any DO assignments to earn event currency... your basically stuck at Risa... and doing the race isnt an option of your connection isnt good.

I make do with the standard floater and not much else mainly because that's really all you need to farm the marks for the ship. Yes, it would help to have a higher version and to get all the other goodies but I'm not going to burn myself out because of how limited the currency rewards are to buy stuff from the store. If it was as rewarding as the winter event I might actually go do the various events or bring a few characters over to DOFF to get currency to buy stuff for them but I'd rather not spend my entire week grinding to get the things I want on my 5 characters. If I get enough to buy a better floater this year on my main sweet, but otherwise I'm just going to do the voucher race once a day and then go do other stuff. I don't enjoy obvious facegrinds for gear that's not all that much better than what I have now.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I guess it's one of those "takes money to make money" things. Once you have spent the favors for superior floaters, it becomes easier to get more favors. I can run five characters through a single horgahn hunt for ~500 favors in 15min.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Strange. A lot of people have been asking this same question in game too. Did a bunch of players get knocked over the head recently?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    tigeraries wrote: »

I don't have any problem at all getting Favors. I do a Dance for around 100, run four toons through the Horga'hn hunt for another 400. I can run up stacks in no time at all like that by pooling it all in the acct bank. I farm them for myself and my friend, who doesn't have as much time as I do to run for them.

Then again, I'm a homebody and can run them all day long if I wanted. Still, just this evening alone I ran up several stacks, spent them and ran up a few more stacks. So it isn't that difficult.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Those Training Manuals are 700 for Tier III, 500 Tier II, 300 Tier I. 1,500 for the set for ONE Boff. Compare to Winter Event Training Manuals - 15 of each of four different Ornaments. Looks like the Grinch moved to a warmer climate.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I can run five characters through a single horgahn hunt for ~500 favors in 15min.
    They reduced number of hunts to 1 hunt per 1,5 hours. It was 1 time per 1 hour a year ago, and initially it was 2 times per 1 hour. So we get more stuff in the summer store each year but less summer commodities...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And the price of things like Training Manuals and Kit Modules is high as compared to the Winter Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns