test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs: Can we get Weekly "Featured" PvE queues with "choose your own rewards" soon?

Right now just about every STO player is aware that only a handful a queues are active at any given time ... and that makes it VERY difficult for new players (or old players who want to level new alts) to level up the various reputations a purchase rep gear.

Here is my suggestion:

Every week (following the weekly patch) the devs select one queue that will be the "featured queue" for the week. The rewards for that queue will operate similar to the "featured event" queue (players can select which reputation marks they want to receive at the end) but the featured queue of the week will also reward reputation items (ancient power cell, borg neural processor, isomorphic injector, etc.) based on the reputation marks that the player selects. If the player completes the featured queue on "advanced" then he or she will receive one reputation item (isomorphic injector, voth cybernetic implant, etc.) and if the player completes the queue on elite they will receive two of those reputation items.

This way, players get to experience more variety in the queues and there is motivation to play the featured queue of the week because the player gets to choose the reputation marks AND the reputation items they need for their character.

Please, devs, consider this idea during your next team meeting.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Pfft, as for the marks, if I can't get an appropriate queue I just head for the associated BZ.

That doesn't help much for the rep items. Yes, once every 24 hours you can spend 100 reputation marks for the corresponding reputation item, but that's a slow process if you're trying to get your hands on rep gear.

The undine (species 8472 counter-command) rep is particularly hard to deal with since there is no active BZ and those PVE queues are deader than dead. There's no way to get your hands on the isomorphic injection rep items anymore other than the daily mission to trade 100 undine marks for a single isomorphic injecton.

Sure, I can earn 200 Dyson Sphere reputation marks and 10 Voth Cybernetic Implant rep items in one day in the Voth BZ ... but that ain't happening with the Undine rep.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Undine is one of the easiest ones to get. I run UAA multiple times a day thanks to the dps channels. It's really easy to get one going.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Last thing this game needs is yet another reason for players to ignore the majority of the content.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It's the iconians that lack a BZ. Yes you can run kobali prime act 3 for 2 probes but the marks are nonexistant and the probes are 20hour locked.

And of course the lukari BZ is a bit of a ghost town which is a shame as the timers are based on the assumption the zone will be full and since you don't get any marks for protection only assault noone wants to keep camped around those three central balls.

As an idea to try and get the queues played this is something that might work though.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I wonder if adding those "Fleet Dilithium Vouchers" (dilithium that can only be used for the fleet stores and projects) OR "Reputation Dilithium Vouchers", for that matter, as the prizes to the rewards on the "featured queue events" it would help get some players to get into this.

Fleets may be interested if they need the Dilithium to close out a Tier upgrade.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Last thing this game needs is yet another reason for players to ignore the majority of the content.

but this would have the opposite effect, albeit for a limited time for each. each week there would be a different feature so missions that never get played would get played a lot.

it works very well in lotro and would work here with decent rewards.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Actually... it'd make one queue the most popular, much like the current mirror event, to the detriment of everything else.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Wow I can't believe none remember the old days. They used to do something similar in the past for extra bonus marks. They stopped since people were complaining they could not log in the game during those times and was not fair for those who missed them.

Cryptic took away the bonus and made them regular PvEs after too much flaming. They have already done that.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    storules wrote: »
    Wow I can't believe none remember the old days. They used to do something similar in the past for extra bonus marks. They stopped since people were complaining they could not log in the game during those times and was not fair for those who missed them.

Cryptic took away the bonus and made them regular PvEs after too much flaming. They have already done that.​​
    Not quite the same. Also, they axed the entire hourly events system. There was a neat variety of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Actually... it'd make one queue the most popular, much like the current mirror event, to the detriment of everything else.

yes, so we would have people playing the featured queue which changes weekly or even daily as well as isa and cca. it would be an improvement.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    This has been so often requested they should at least try it for a month or two. I'd love to know why these low cost suggestions seem to go nowhere.
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I remember there were hourly events, and as I recall the community was "alive". Bring those back again and the queues will fill up again. A great migration of ships off to do the tour of the galaxy, or we all met up on vugta for that extra dill, good times
  • Options

yes, so we would have people playing the featured queue which changes weekly or even daily as well as isa and cca. it would be an improvement.
    But far less improvement than the opposite, to remove all the ridiculous choice marks everywhere and get people to play the proper associated content to get their marks.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The hourly event system was pretty bad as they didn't seem to have a clue about when prime time would be anywhere beyond continental north america.

A daily system would have been so much better back then.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Undine BZ is pretty active, Badlands was also often active with players ( temporal+terran nodes). Deferaborg zone is also quite easy ( 3 peeps needed, enough hanging around there)Kobali gives 2 delta and 2 iconian each day.
    Since the Nah'Kuhl, borg and tholian alert paid out every mark, some reputation ques get less filled during each day. Only BZ i don't visit is the Lukari Rep one. That rep only has 2 ques and the BZ (which is beautifull and has some nice challenges).
    When people only have weekend event to get their elite nodes, i fear that will hit the random queing even more. Path of least resistance.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > The hourly event system was pretty bad as they didn't seem to have a clue about when prime time would be anywhere beyond continental north america.
    >
    > A daily system would have been so much better back then

Ok take the consensus then, make the hourly events, daily then.
    About the prime time, there is always a prime time for everybody in the world, don't have it mainly for the USA
  • Options
    Meh, there was like, one good event in the hourlies (vault shuttle, back before they yanked the unique reward). The old mirror event was a fun mission but no reason to be an event since it had no unique reward. Everything else was more or less TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    Mirror 1.0 was literally nothing more than a giant shooting gallery. the mission was literally to fly in blow up about 100 Mirror ships then the flagship and leave. IIRC back then the Flagship was always the Stadi. I still wanna know why the ship is named after her....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing