test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subwarp Sheath Trait - No Longer Good?

This trait used to give 15% armor pen, now it says 15 points, which is what, 1.5%? It used to be a really awesome trait but wonder if it was nerfed or changed somehow...

Comments

• postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Nerfed to near nothingness, similar for the rep trait space ability that gave 5% and the armour penetration component of intel fleet. Not sure if anything to the pen mod that people loved on their expensive beams, or that tac console that came as a mission reward.

Before the rebalance SWS and Improved Pedal to Metal 2 could give dbb damage to regular beams, all whilst maintaining really high defense.
  • ryanjuly1974ryanjuly1974 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So i spent $30 on this ship just for this trait for nothing? :'( now it's junkThanks alot Cryptic. i think you owe us who bought the ship a new ship or zen to get one of our own.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Tips in future:
    They will nerf stuff, so don't expect a bought advantage to last forever - I know that this is very annoying the first time it happens, this year I must have had 400m ec worth of stuff nerfed, zen ship traits and gear I've upgraded to mk 14 epic rendered largely irrelevant, ho hum.

Don't pay full price for ships, buy ships during 20% off sales and zen during 15% extra sales, the former are often preceeded by the latter. Theres a google doc spreadsheet that shows past events, use it to guess when the next sale/offers are coming.

If you have unused character slots, fill them and have those toons submit contraband for 2k dil everyday and convert to dil, just level the toons enough so that they can do doff missions. Some people play a long game, doing this with 30+ toons it becomes totally self supporting and funds the player to get just about anything they want. KDF characters can also swap prisoners for a chance of 1k dil.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Read your terms of service, they reserve the right to change anything they want in any way they want.

Yeah, pretty much all MMOs have that disclaimer. That's the downsize of playing online games. If you don't want to deal with game mechanic changes, then avoid these types of games; stick to single player games where you decide if you want to install an official patch, or not.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I completely agree that things are going to change in mmos that is part of what you sign-up for when you play them. Yet there might be a worse downside in that if this trend of pushing extremely desirable traits/consoles on ships, and then nerfing them extremely hard gets too out of control that could harm the mmo in ways. In that if something looking really good an appealing is released on a ship that has the potential to be nerfed hard in the future, that might push players to not waste (in their view) money on that purchase netting far less return for the devs on their work.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2017
    The functionality of the trait has not changed - it is giving your weapons up to 15 Armor Penetration; it is not giving you "15 Starship Hull Penetration" - the trait has the effectiveness of up to 150 Starship Hull Penetration, based on your current speed. This is the patch that has the change to it: PC Patch Notes for 1/26/17
    • Standardized the wording on powers that give Armor Penetration to consistently state that they give a value, not a percent, of Armor Penetration.
      • This is a tooltip change only.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    This reminds me, haven't really taken a look at my science pilot speed build since the balance pass.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    They should keep their claws off of bought stuff.
    Dammit.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    This trait used to give 15% armor pen, now it says 15 points, which is what, 1.5%? It used to be a really awesome trait but wonder if it was nerfed or changed somehow...
    It's really the same as before, they just no longer write the values as percentage, because they aren't.

Edit: Oh, CrypticSpartan already explained...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    If you buy something, and it is changed, it is no longer what you have bought, is it.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    This reminds me, haven't really taken a look at my science pilot speed build since the balance pass.

I have running a Speed Build T6 Defiant with Battle Cloak capability. Fun stuff against people. Fight like a Romulan but have the subsystem power levels of a Fed Warp Core vessel B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I think some people have missed this important message so I'll bring it up again with bold for emphasis:
    The functionality of the trait has not changed - it is giving your weapons up to 15 Armor Penetration; it is not giving you "15 Starship Hull Penetration" - the trait has the effectiveness of up to 150 Starship Hull Penetration, based on your current speed. This is the patch that has the change to it: PC Patch Notes for 1/26/17
    • Standardized the wording on powers that give Armor Penetration to consistently state that they give a value, not a percent, of Armor Penetration.
      • This is a tooltip change only.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1