test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do romulans not have a zen purchasable 2 hanger carrier?

fireblood517fireblood517 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I thought that all races have a 2 hanger carrier but after searching for a long time i noticed that the romulans don't have one at all. Yea they have a ship with "carrier" in the name but it has the same amount of hangers as 50% of all the other ships. All the 2 hanger real carriers for the romulans are all locked behind loot boxes or a metric ton of EC. Why not just make 1 of the carriers that are locked in lock boxes available through zen purchase?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    You need to make a metric ton of EC:
    First few days of summer event the jet pack run will pay 500k-1m ec per run, and three runs within the 15 mins is not that tough, more will probably need the better jet packs. The 'hunts' happen twice an hour at set times.

Then take that money, figure out which superior upgrade will get you the best profit and start crafting having bought large lumps of materials to secure a low per unit price.

You could always settle for a Narcine at a fraction of the cost of a T'Laru
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The feds only recently got a proper faction specific carrier (by proper I mean one that deploys frigates) and compared to others like the narcine its really not that great.

It is a real shame that the rommie carrier got buried in a lockbox but thats the general theme where the choicest items get lockboxed to generate money by selling keys to folk.
  • Options
    zazelbyzazelby Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Belatedly, but the KDF don't have one, either. You can buy a few one-hangar ships (like the three Command Battlecruisers, the Kolasi, the Qa'Tel, and some others) for Zen, but the only two-hangar T6 KDF ship is the Durgath Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser, which was also lockbox-only.

It would be nice if they'd make a Zen-buyable T6 for each faction (not by taking it out of the lockboxes, but making new ones - even reskinning existing T5s would be fine with me), but apparently they don't cater to people who would pay for a sure thing but refuse to gamble.
    Post edited by zazelby on

"It is unthinkable. But such is the nature of villainy, don't you think? To do the unthinkable, to challenge the impossible, to conquer all before you and make destiny your own." - Ghost Widow
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    They'd have to care enough about the Romulan and Klingon factions enough for this to happen. So far, evidence indicates they don't. Too busy adding multi-faction trio packs from scratch to worry about adding two for a set that won't sell if most people who might buy it already have the Jupiter.
  • Options
    bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    they actually dropped the ball when the jupiter was released for a cross faction carrier bundle . a romulan and a new klingon 2 hanger carrier tier 6 would have sold welll for zen
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    As a rudimentary design principle, Cryptic should make sure each faction has access to a fundamental class of each ship type. Shoot, I assumed that would be done through the story line. Additionally Cryptic would expand out the options via C-Store in one vein maybe offering enhanced or more balanced design ships. In another vein such as lockboxes, it could offer more offense focused ships or role specific. Finally with fleet ships I figured more defense focused offerings.

Anyway, even if they took such a systemic approach, it would not really matter to rommies as we are not a proper faction due to the limitations of very old software used for the game.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    This is driven by players in two ways: firstly, they aren't buying enough rom or kdf ships so the factions are stuck in a vicious circle logic of not enough demand to justify supply, so not enough demand, therefore no supply....; secondly players don't seem to want cheaper bargain basement ships as an alternative, by this I mean existing ship models without a starship trait, months ago I posted a poll asking players if they'd accept something like that to get T6 versions of old ships like the Voquv and they said no.

In a f2p game that leaves lockboxes or some other premium deal.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    My klink went from a Kar'fi t5-U into a denuos carrier so you can work out for yourself how long a wait that was. I did dip into various t6's for traits during that time but once obtained it was back into the kar'fi.

The kar'fi was bought when it hit the store as one of the first c-store ships which again shows how long it's been in service.