test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Husnock Warship art

sophlogimosophlogimo Member Posts: 6,507 Arc User
The model of the Husnockj warship is extremely cheaply done. In part, that may be due to its screen occurence model, but that can only explain so much.

At the very least, I'd expect a better hull material that doesn't make it look like a 90's game model. I mean, really. Thse ships are exensive, at the very least, they should have the same quality as the much cheaper C-store ships.
Remember, STO is nothing but a cosmetics game, where only the rule of cool matters. The game mechanics are intentionally out of balance, don't try to "optimize" anything, as it would just frustrate you.

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Well the source model was a cheaply constructed early 90's one-shot TV model, so the default, perfectly canon textures should be expected to look that way as well.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Enterprise D wasn't a cheap 90s model. It was an expensive 90s model, a hero ship that needed to last potentially several seasons.

The Husnock ship was a ship of the week. (Which apparently was later reused, when they were so cheap they couldn't even afford to make a new ship model for the alien of the week.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Ummm... How would there be a Husnock ship, when they were all wiped out? "All Husnock, everywhere," was the quote, I believe.

"Though the Husnock were eradicated as a species in 2366, their home planet and star system remained - along with everything in it, even starships."

From the description of the ship pack.