test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Lingering STO FPS and UI issues

Okay guys, so I'm writing this because I have spent a little bit of time doing the reinstall and redownloads of STO and Graphic Drivers and the like to try and get my FPS running back at a smooth and high rate of 60+. (Not Including Screenshots as all it is, is FPS not changing)

PLEASE NOTE: My FPS hasn't always been as low as what's described in here, +60 to almost 120 is about standard with my setup normally until about 2 weeks ago.

Recently I have been in game and getting a mere sub 30 fps. Around 27 most of the time.

Now just for reference, I am using a GTX 970 G OC edition from MSI (Overclocked nicely) with an AMD A8 6600K at 4.2ghz and running with 12GB RAM with STO installed on my primary drive being a SSD and Windows 10 updated properly with most recent patches.

Now with that in mind, you would think a machine like this would be fine playing MOST games at HIGH or ULTRA (depends on the game) right?
Well it appears that you would be wrong. It seems that my machine HATES STO or STO hates my machine. idk. :neutral:

Now you are probably wondering why I think that. Well I think this because:

Ground and Space maps at idle run sub 30 most of the time, this means im just sitting still watching my FPS counter. This is almost EVERY map.
Any movement such as walking, turning or putting some throttle into the ship causes this number to DROP quite a bit and then returns to 27 FPS shortly after.
So you can probably understand what it's like playing this game in battle / PVE's /PVP's / Missions..... NOT NICE!

So I have tried:
Dropping all of my settings in game right down. - no change
Putting all of my settings in game right up. - no change
Changing my game RES - no change
Changing my game and desktop RES - no change
Changing my game from Fullscreen to Windowed Max - no change
Changing Windows Power levels - no change
Unparking my CPU's - no change
All the reinstal, update drivers stuff as mentioned about - no change
A few other things I found in FPS guides on the forum. - no change

So with all this in mind, I had to come to a place and just ask, what do you guys think the issue is here? Any Suggestions or Ideas are Welcome!

Also a neat little addition here with all this is that turning the UI off in game restores my prime FPS experience to +60 and onwards :smile:
This REALLLY needs a fix. REALLY REALLY NEEEEEEDDSSSSS a fix.

Additional note: I have spoken with others in game over the last few days and have had similar reports of these issues and some others with a WIDE range of hardware setups, This is why I think it's a STO engine issue or something. About 40 people had some sort of issue relating to this one, it's why I'm here posting this.

If you think you are affected by this, take our little test. Just head on over to Starfleet Academy and go over to the bar.... just look at the bottles behind the bar, you'll know what I mean as soon as you see it, this was reported by ALL of the people I spoke with that had any sort of FPS issue along with some of them getting tree's bug out all over the place. This is an issue, and it seems widespread. :disappointed: Please help fix! :)

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to read, I hope you can have some input here in fixing the issue, or explaining your FPS issue or UI issue too.
So yeah, thanks, I look forward to your replies :blush: