test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kai Kira Nerys in S13: Escalation Wallpaper?

velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
If you look towards the right side of the new Season 13: Escalation wallpaper, you will notice a televised image of a man with a mask (possibly a reporter) with an image showing a woman in what appears to be clothing similar to what the Bajoran Vedeks and Kais wear. It would be interesting if Kai Kira Nerys became involved in this season of Star Trek Online even if Nana Visitor was not able to lend her voice to the game. What are your thoughts on who this person is?
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,393 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I gotta admit this mask is quite creepy to have for a anchorman. Most likely happening in the Mirror Universe, so I doubt Mirror!Kira would don something so... prude. I almost expect the guy to start to psychically strangle me through the screen while making a bad pun.

That said, Nana Visitor would be a strange choice when the lockbox is TNG-focused. Then again, Tzenkethi were first mentioned in DS9 and TNG had no Mirror Universe-focused episode.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    That's actually a romulan senate robe. Kira would make for an interesting cameo but I don't think the wallpaper specifically supports the idea that she'll be coming soon.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,321 Community Moderator
    The "anchorman" appears to be Lukari. If I had to guess, I'd say the hooded figure is some Lukari official and the cityscape itself to be Lukari as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If Nana Visitor was going to reprise her role as Kai Kira, I think we'd have seen a dev blog showcasing her in-game model by now. You don't sign on Star Trek alumni without some pomp and fanfare through a dev blog leading up to the content release.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Half expecting that any DS9 actors will make an appearance if a Gamma Quadrant expansion or Cardassian micro-faction expansion is done.
  • Options
    hamerlockhamerlock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    DS9 actors have been rarely featured in STO. Might be a nice change to hear from Nana Visitor...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    wasnt that blonde remind me as slim version of Kate Upton?

wow, Nana had 2 hair colors, look like she is playing as Cruela DeVille.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    not seeing it. mind circling it?
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    The "anchorman" appears to be Lukari. If I had to guess, I'd say the hooded figure is some Lukari official and the cityscape itself to be Lukari as well.
    Bill Lu'Kari?

This mask still intrigues me since I don't see its practical aspect, apart from looking creepy. Unless it's a Lukari who suffered a respiratory problem but still managed to get the job thanks to his skills.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    a3001 wrote: »
    not seeing it. mind circling it?

i don't see what they're talking about either.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    check the biggest ultra wide wallpaper, you'll see it
  • Options
    10378532e94ffab1e9b52921de4d402c1492721118.jpg

The screen in the lower righthand corner.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Bill Lu'Kari?

This mask still intrigues me since I don't see its practical aspect, apart from looking creepy. Unless it's a Lukari who suffered a respiratory problem but still managed to get the job thanks to his skills.

Ha! No, Ted Lu'Kari. Bill's twin brother. You know, the former weatherman for Channel 7. After reporting during that big dust storm of 2409, he developed a bad case Lukari Coal Miner's Lung, which necessitates the use of a breathing mask now. He doesn't do the weather anymore. Now he's an investigative journalist.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Ha! No, Ted Lu'Kari. Bill's twin brother. You know, the former weatherman for Channel 7. After reporting during that big dust storm of 2409, he developed a bad case Lukari Coal Miner's Lung, which necessitates the use of a breathing mask now. He doesn't do the weather anymore. Now he's an investigative journalist.
    Let's hope he is careful not to choke on his aspirations.

#TASforSTO
  • Options
    nxenterprise02nxenterprise02 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Does anybody think that those grey Lukari might actually be the Kentari? Maybe some had survived the destruction of their homeworld and created the Gon'cra Nebula to hide their new planet.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    First: Anchorman is most certainly Lukari (or maybe Kentari, if nx's theory is sound). The lady on the other hand doesn't look at all like wearing Bajoran garb to me.

Then: Two feds, one lukari, no rom, no klink? Unusual.

Last: I hope nx' interpretation is right, although a "differently colored per gender" species would be something new, I am not particularily cherishing the idea.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Does anybody think that those grey Lukari might actually be the Kentari? Maybe some had survived the destruction of their homeworld and created the Gon'cra Nebula to hide their new planet.

I was actually thinking that when I was looking over the wallpaper. The fact that the place they are fighting looks dirty and filthy would appear to be a good indicator that they just might be what are left of the Kentari.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg