test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Preview Problem

odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
About every other time I go into the Foundry and preview a space map my ship "falls" to the bottom of the map and is heavily damaged. Then it won't do anything but spin around in circles really fast. I can't go forward, etc. making it impossible to test my space missions in preview. Anyone else experiencing this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Occasional problem, I've found that exiting the Foundry completely and restarting does the trick. If that doesn't work, try restarting the whole game.

What it looks like is that the game mistakenly loads ground physics in space (see. falling, fall damage). I don't know what the cause might be, but if it's persistent take a look at what you have on map. Work through what you've placed and try removing certain objects (one at a time, troubleshoot the problem) to see if that has any effect. If you find that a certain object is causing this bug, report it to the thread.

Also, come to think of it take a look and see if you have any interact objectives either on the map or waiting to be placed. In the story window, those default to having ground animations until they're tied to an asset. It's a connection between the two modes so it may be worth investigating if you're still having this problem.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    No not yet. It just seems to be happening more frequently lately. But yeah my dead boffs were the size of a ship and lying next to me. I just don't remember it ever being this bad for me before. But I guess I do spend more time on ground maps.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    If it's happening more frequently then it may be something you're doing on that space map. Play with the assets and see if any one of them may be causing the issue.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.