test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari rep ground gear & boffs.

I'm considering crafting the 3-piece for my sci healer on my away team, as the set and set bonuses look like great kit for this purpose. Has anyone had any experience with equipping these on boffs and whether the boff AI has the wherewithall to toggle between support and damage modes, as appropriate?

Otherwise it's a waste of marks and dil if they're going to be dumb, like the integrated frequency remodulator on the Omega sets that my boffs are too stupid to use.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    With the battle zone still broken I haven't bothered to grind 1,500 extra plain marks to convert to elite marks, on top of the plain marks needed for the gear.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Dunno if they use that kind of funcionality, what i do know is that the boffs uses all the primary, and secondary modes of the sets, even some of the available powers, i know this because my team uses the ka'khul set, and uses all their powers, so i guess they do. :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    For a repuation weapon I found the Lukari Piezo-Electric Wrist Apparatus to parse solid numbers. I gave it to two of my toons as new main gun for ground but doubt I bother with the rest of the set.

The Tier 5 power of the reput isn't bad either.

Lukari_Piezo-Electric_Wrist_Apparatus%28firing%29.jpg?version=c4f426eb7ec45cc1ba089c71753c168f

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I've equipped boffs with the set.

While they will toggle between support and damage modes, I'm not sure how they (or you) define when it is "appropriate" to do so. They seem to do it randomly - whether they or I have taken any damage.

It's still a solid set, but don't count on the healing to save you - it's a bit more style than substance, but what style it is.
  • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The healing modus on the weapon is indeed random at best, boffs do switch modes, occasionally.
    To be fair, I just like the shields for the boffs, since it gives a good passive shield-regen, and an auto-heal when shields get low, this makes them a little more durable. In contrast to say the adapted KHG 2pc shield heal, which boffs just spam randomly but never when they need it.
    The damage of the gun is neat, but boffs do not use there gun that often, they shoot once per 4 seconds or so, rest of the time they walk around and activate there abilities. Basicly any gun works for boffs.
    The gun itself is still bugged, as far as I know, since it is not affected by any sort of range damage boosts like diagnostic engineers, aiming does provide the icon but not the range damage boost and traits like the pistol/rifle/assault training do not affect it either [the latter two are of no affect on boffs].
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    hoffy1 wrote: »
    The healing modus on the weapon is indeed random at best, boffs do switch modes, occasionally.
    To be fair, I just like the shields for the boffs, since it gives a good passive shield-regen, and an auto-heal when shields get low, this makes them a little more durable. In contrast to say the adapted KHG 2pc shield heal, which boffs just spam randomly but never when they need it.
    The damage of the gun is neat, but boffs do not use there gun that often, they shoot once per 4 seconds or so, rest of the time they walk around and activate there abilities. Basicly any gun works for boffs.
    The gun itself is still bugged, as far as I know, since it is not affected by any sort of range damage boosts like diagnostic engineers, aiming does provide the icon but not the range damage boost and traits like the pistol/rifle/assault training do not affect it either [the latter two are of no affect on boffs].

The wrist apparatus does solid, but not exceptional damage in my experience. But, if I really wanted high damage, I'd just get the boolean cannon and forget about it.

While I do wish that it would receive damage and crit bonuses from traits and boffs, what it does do is pretty good. The chaining of multiple enemies in primary seems to have very frequently - more than what the % would initially lead you to believe. To me, it's almost as good as a split beam. Also, the secondary fire splash is great if you use something to group enemies like paradox bomb or graviton spike. There is a group of foundry missions to get the kill accolades which beams in groups of enemies. One shot can take an entire group out as it beams into the arena area.

Add the fluidic antiproton wrist cannon for single targets as your secondary weapon and increase style even more. I added repulsor burst skill and gave the wrist apparatus to a few tac boffs and created a theme.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Healing mode getting toggled looks to be done in a similar way to if you happen to have a fire extinguisher on them. They'll do so whenever they feel like it not as the situation requires it.

What it needs is a r click toggle option on the character sheet for boffs or to have a button similar to the one players get appear by their skills so we can control the thing.

Downside might be that since boffs can be so belligerent at times they'd end up healing the things the team is trying to kill.
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback folks. I honestly don't know why I want to experiment, it's not like I don't instagib packs of mobs on my sci officer with exo+cold fusion. Guess I'm just tired of the Omega set on my boffs for the stacking group buffs and there's so little to do at end-game these days you're left with mucking about min-maxing just for a way to pass the time when you log in. Besides, those visuals are cool! :)
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    There is always Space Barbie :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    On the cosmetic side the arm cables do work fairly well as a small addition to a borg.