burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Ten Forward
Deleted as I goofed up hard, mistaking character count for wordcount

..You didn't see nuthin :smirk:
Post edited by burstorion on

Comments

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    How far is it over? 1500 means it pretty much has to go right to the action.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    5567 or so... but if I started chopping it up, it wouldn't be as fourth wall breaking
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Deleted as I goofed up hard, mistaking character count for wordcount

..You didn't see nuthin :smirk:

5b720fe3f71a6fff357a3b0702e48187_sergeant-schultz-i-know-sgt-schultz-i-know-nothing-meme_250-250.jpeg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Greetings, Captains!

Everyone knows the story of their world’s First Contact Day – when their people met visitors from another world for the first time. Humanity celebrates their first meeting with the Vulcans every year, with events centered on culture and education, and other races celebrate their own first steps into a larger galaxy in their own unique ways. But First Contact isn’t just a moment for an entire species – it can also be a deeply personal event. To celebrate this year’s First Contact Day, we want to give you the chance to tell us about your Captain’s first contact, in a First Contact Day Writing Contest.

In 1500 words or less, write about the first time that your Captain encountered a being from another world. Were they a child, in the hustle and bustle of a crowded world? Was the first meeting a friendly one, or one of conflict? What is your Captain’s story of First Contact?

Says words, not characters ... however I also don't think you're supposed to post your story right now:
    May I publish my entry elsewhere?

During the contest time period, all entries will have to remain under wraps. Once the contest is complete, we will publish the winning entries in a Star Trek Online blog. If you did not win, you’ll be able to publish your entry then.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    No problem really, it only had 900 words so its getting a rewrite so -technically- not published

End of the day, I wrote it for boredom curing and the prize is not exactly the greatest so it its DQ'd, oh well
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    No problem really, it only had 900 words so its getting a rewrite so -technically- not published

End of the day, I wrote it for boredom curing and the prize is not exactly the greatest so it its DQ'd, oh well
    900 words is less than 1500, so if you wanted to submit the story as she is wrote, it should be fine.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    What the heck. There's a contest?

5feceaef60eb2e324764445b6b4400b9.jpg

Post edited by hawku001x on