test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disabling Film Grain

alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
I'm making a let's play of Agents of Yesterday, and the film grain effect is driving me nuts. I don't like looking at it and it's making my video files way, way bigger. Is there a way to get rid of it without disabling Lighting 2.0?

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Nope. It is part of the nostalgia of the AoY training episodes. It imitates watching old TOS episodes that have not been remastered.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Try disabling post processing, this worked in lighting 1.0 / dx9 at least, I have no idea wether it still works.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Try disabling post processing, this worked in lighting 1.0 / dx9 at least, I have no idea wether it still works.

No go, I'm afraid. Disabling post-processing is, um, disabled in Lighting 2.0.
  • kaleun1984kaleun1984 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yes, the last post was quite some time ago. I recently got myself a 2160p monitor.
    I just replayed the last AoY mission at Caleb 4. When I borded the Klingon ship I was greeted with the horror, that is film grain. It was never that bad, when I still had my 1440p monitor. It's almost as bad, when it's not a screen shot.
    50556809647_4b34d0ef3f_o.jpg
    50556809237_6b6a615f8c_o.jpg
    50556808857_7dddbcacf5_o.jpg
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    @darkbladejk

Nerco Alert
    pjxgwS8.jpg