test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aux to Batt + Reroute Power III [Space Revamp]

rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
With the space skill revamp, Reroute Power From Life Support is getting a nice buff. It raises the power level cap and adds power to each subsystem. With it, one can get around 150-170 subsystem power but at a cost of slowing down the cooldown of all BOff Powers. Using A2B, however, totally negates the longer cooldowns from Reroute Power. Also, when a power hits it's global cooldown, it seems it is no longer affected by the increased cooldowns from Reroute Power (this part feels like a bug).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2nOFLIhIPU

My questions are, is this a good thing? Would this become a new meta?

T6 scimitars (and the other flag ships) have access to Reroute Power, and can all benefit from this combo. My engineer can get up to 200 system power when adding in EPS Transfer.

Comments

• Options
    maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    I already posted something like this, but I'll add comment here. The overcap damage increase is getting nerfed so 200 overcap is not as powerful on Tribble as the equivalent would be on Holodeck, I still want to see how good this turns out to be.

EPS Transfer is going to be the Engineers' Attack Pattern Alpha. Except it will make LITERALLY everything on your ship better. Weapons, Shields, Speed, All Science and engineer abilities that scale with Aux.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I already posted something like this, but I'll add comment here. The overcap damage increase is getting nerfed so 200 overcap is not as powerful on Tribble as the equivalent would be on Holodeck, I still want to see how good this turns out to be.

I think a lot of people when talking about the balance changes forget the big picture: If a lot of things get nerfed, even something that is weaker then before might now still much more desirable then it would have been before. And also, a relatively small buff might stil have a lot of impact, because its competition might be less effective then before.

Sure, overcap damage is less damage then before - but non-overcap defense is also less than before. Under the new "regime", it's good, no matter what it would have been at that value before. It could of course be that another type of buff has more impact.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Aux2batt might be making a comeback eh once this stuff hits PRD.. ill have to wake up my tens of ten of tens from their alcoves soon (or three of them at least).
  • Options
    maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    People always hyperbolize nerfs. I think EPS Transfer with reroute is going to be amazing.

EPS Transfer can be used on allies too. So popping it on an APA user, or a Sci Captain in a Scryer, who just burned Deflector Overcharge and OSS could cause potential face meltage. I will probably still use OSS even with the nerf.