test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Structural Analysis - Secondary Deflector Proc Triggering on Player

emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
Sorry in advance for the vagueness of this report: I wish I could be more specific regarding what exactly is causing this, but so far I haven't been able to find any pattern that reproduces the issue consistently.

I've been running the various Beta quadrant patrols (Advanced difficulty) to experiment with the upcoming balance changes. What I have observed is that - seemingly at random - my own Deteriorating Secondary Deflector Proc will affect and damage me when I activate Structural Analysis (Rank III...I was unable to test the other ranks). I do not see the Structural Analysis Debuff, only the Sec Def Radiation Damage tag.

The enemies were not under the effect of a confuse power and I am not running any confuse power. I am running Intel primary and TempOp secondary.

I tried to isolate this by running the Japori patrol (Advanced) and only activating Structural Analysis III (no weapons firing, no other BOFF abilities activated, etc). Also, other than getting caught in one of the enemy NPC's Cannon Scatter Volleys, none of the NPCs were shooting at me (they were going after other friendly NPCs), so this can't be an issue with some weird placate or other effect (such as from the AMACO shield). After about 10-15 activations of Structural Analysis III (hard to know exactly, since the combatlog only records the SecDef damage and not the debuff activation from Structural Analysis), the issue appeared: As soon as I activated the BOFF ability, the Secondary Deflector damage icon immediately appeared (ie: before the Structural Analysis casting graphics reached the enemy target) and started to damage me. In case it helps, I saved a combat log of this test, which can be found in the dropbox link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r1m1l9jxv6462z/Combatlog_SecDefIssue.Log?dl=0

If there's any questions or additional information I can provide, please let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I saw on the 3/23 PC Patch Notes (for Holodeck):
    Resolved an issue that could cause Structural Analysis to spread to the player that cast it.

I am not sure if this was an unrelated problem to what I reported above on Tribble, but I did want to re-confirm that the issue I described is still occurring on Tribble (as of today, 3/26). I realize Holodeck and Tribble are separate servers with their own software branches, but just making sure the team was aware.