Options

A Divided Duty

2»

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,107 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    shevet wrote: »
    Right, so.... If I go to the house next to yours and carve your neighbours up with a chainsaw, your reaction will be, "well, that doesn't mean he'll kill me next, and anyway he might have had a good reason - maybe we should work out what my neighbours did to make him afraid" ?

All righty then.

(Please note: this is a thought example only. In the real world, I am firmly opposed to chainsaw massacres, and so should everyone else be.)

lol wtf?

I think whatever these crystals are related to has given the Tzenkathi a reason to fear them, to the point the genocide of several species is justified to them if it eliminates the threat the crystals posses ... or will posses.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Right, so.... If I go to the house next to yours and carve your neighbours up with a chainsaw, your reaction will be, "well, that doesn't mean he'll kill me next, and anyway he might have had a good reason - maybe we should work out what my neighbours did to make him afraid" ?

All righty then.

(Please note: this is a thought example only. In the real world, I am firmly opposed to chainsaw massacres, and so should everyone else be.)
    Different situation entirely, what a terrible false equivalence fallacy.
    Well since you dislike that example...
    And no, the intelligent response would be to figure out why the Tzenkethi are so fearful of the crystals, and, if the crystals are proven a danger, find some way to help them destroy said crystals in a way that doesn't require the purging of worlds.
    The problem is the Tzenkethi refuse to talk.

So yeah, your... "solution" (and I use the term loosely) has already been tried in-universe and failed. Now what do you propose?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited March 2017

All righty then.

Actually, a better example would be if the house next to your neighbor had really bad roofing tiles, and they were afraid that during the next wind storm the tiles would go flying and damage their house. So they decided to burn down that house with the people in it. Except you don't know why your neighbor burned down that house (and murdered those people), because you never knew that it had bad roofing tiles. For all you know, your neighbor's gone crazy and you might be next.
    The problem is the Tzenkethi refuse to talk.

So yeah, your... "solution" (and I use the term loosely) has already been tried in-universe and failed. Now what do you propose?
    That is irrelevant, and totally separate from anything I said.

Finding out if the crystals are dangerous does not require talking to the Tzenkethi themselves.

So no, it hasn't been tried. Nice lie, but try again.

Actually, at this point our player characters don't know that the Crystals are what's causing the Tzenkethi to blow up these worlds. We just think it could be a possibility. Or maybe just a coincidence that the two planets we visited that they wanted to blow up had the crystals. While we the players know that from the blogs, that information isn't given to our characters. So at this point our characters and the alliance are still left guessing that the Tzenkethi are trying to expand, hence the fighting in the battlezone, etc.

Also, I have a feeling that even if we do find out the crystals are dangerous, and we offer to help the Tzenkethi get rid of them without the genocide, they'll say "[redacted] you, we do things our way!" and then continue on with the protomatter weapons.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!