test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breach Broken?

2»

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I'd have to agree with the diploma guy on this one. They rushed a fix on something that didn't need to be fixed in a rush and nobody tested it (and let's not kid ourselves: NOBODY tested this and there's still at least one hole you can go through so nothing was accomplished other than player wrath) and that's the sum of gaming experience for STO.

Agreed uss. Think we had broken event maps before (fresh when released) but we never had a functional map that was broken a week into the event.

An additional day for the event to make up is all fine and good but I was really hoping to get the whole thing out of the way as soon as possible.

Perhaps I should stop playing those 14 days psycho events all together I don’t know. Could also be I’m getting old but when I begin to feel like that with 3 chars I can only imagine what a tough call it is to do it with 30.

You have balls of steel sir. B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    After reading the thread title again, I can't help but wonder: how exactly does one break a breach? :o
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I mean, the breach is still there right? There's just an invisible wall in front or behind it.

So technically it's not broken I guess.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    risian4 wrote: »
    After reading the thread title again, I can't help but wonder: how exactly does one break a breach? :o

That’s something that can only happen in STO. The devs tried to close holes one was not supposed to get through but by doing so accidentally closed a hole one was supposed to get through.

I will petition to register the word “cryptical” with exactly this as explanation. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They rushed a fix on something that didn't need to be fixed in a rush.

Well, it did need to be fixed because people pushing into the door at full speed when it exploded were getting stuck every so often in some evil invisible wall. Happened to me the first day, and a player in a pug 3 days ago. On the other hand, this could have been handled better since QA only needed to spend a minute rushing the map to hit this bug.
    That's not what they fixed. They "fixed" the hole in the top of the trench that could be used as a shortcut to the door. They'd never rush a patch to fix "a player in a pug 3 days ago" getting stuck in a door.

This kind of emergency work is reserved for the major disasters, like players potentially shaving a whole 30 seconds off the runtime of the mission. You know, metrics.