Install Arc
Options

A reclaim store for Lockbox,Lobi and R&D promo ships

2»

Comments

• Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    I still think that allowing players to get this stuff across multiple accounts easier would make them sell more.

Agreed. I really wonder how many people actually spend Lobi to get the same ship on more then one character. I highly doubt it is making more money then if we had a relatively cheap option to pay to allow our other characters to use the Lobi ship once one character unlocked it.

You can have a few hundred people spending a few hundred each in the game but they can never out spend a few thousand people making lots of $10 and $20 purchases.

Basically it's a fight between ADS (average dollar sale) and overall revenue. Companies love having a high ADS but often they have much lower overall revenue when they focus on ADS because they price things outside of the majority of their customer's budget so they have less overall sale and as such less actual revenue.

To simplify it. 5 people spending $25 makes you more money then 1 person spending $100
    I think it's more complicated than you are making it. There are people who will spend absolutely nothing on this game no matter what the system is. Then there are people who will spend whatever you allow them to spend on this game. Literally. It's kind of like the difference between the old $15 a month subscription requirement vs F2P with tons of micro transactions. If you give the big spenders more ways to spend their money, they will absolutely spend more money. Whereas the F2P and minimal spending players will not necessarily spend any more than they already spend. So it's in their best interest to maintain the system currently as it is because it brings out the most in all types of players from a spending standpoint. If you make lobi and lockbox ships account wide unlocks, then you'll still have the F2P and broke players spending virtually nothing while the big spenders save money and spend less. That doesn't sound like a good business move to me.

it's not an all or nothing situation. Some wont spend at all, some will spend big but a large group will spend reasonable amounts. right now a t6 ship cost 3000 zen with is about $30 worth of zen. I can buy a brand new game for the price of two ships in this one. If the ships were $10 or so I wouldn't feel as conflicted. It just depends on what value you put on the product. I don't think a ship in Star Trek is worth $30. I have no problem spending $30 hell at $10 a piece I might buy 3 ships. I think what they charge is higher than what I feel the ships are worth.

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)