test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XP and DX9 no more sto! has it affected you?

13»

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    nope
    I'm out, but I shouldn't be out. I'm on windows 10 with an Nvidia GTX970. Been playing STO using Directx11 for years, but for some reason I can't convince the launcher that I am running an obviously Dx11 capable card.

Incredibly frustrating.

Try reinstalling the GPU drivers and possibly the game. That worked for risian4 who stated doing so fixed his problem of not being able to launch the game on his rig with a nVidia GPU.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    nope
    risian4 wrote: »
    I wish that was it - but I already checked that, there's no command line anymore.

I used that command line forever. A few months back, after seeing the notification that DX9 would not be supported anymore I finally took the time needed to get my system working with DX11. Basically got a lot of stuff set to low or even off, graphics sliders are set as low as possible yet still be able to turn on lighting 2.0, and the main thing, lighting 2.0 is turned off.

Turning lighting 2.0 on will always result in a D3D error anywhere from log in, to 2-10 minutes of playing, bumping the sliders up any higher nets random D3D errors at anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 hours of playing. Keeping the settings exactly where they are I never get D3D errors. I would attach a screeny of my settings, but I'm not signing up for some image server just so I can.

Edit: Maybe this screen shot from my Fleet Forums will work. I think you can view it without needing to sign up.

https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?61088-I-can-t-play-the-game-anymore
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    yes ,i am out
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I'm out, but I shouldn't be out. I'm on windows 10 with an Nvidia GTX970. Been playing STO using Directx11 for years, but for some reason I can't convince the launcher that I am running an obviously Dx11 capable card.

Incredibly frustrating.

Try reinstalling the GPU drivers and possibly the game. That worked for risian4 who stated doing so fixed his problem of not being able to launch the game on his rig with a nVidia GPU.

Yup, had to completely reinstall the game before I was able to use the launcher to log in. Make sure that you delete all files relating to the game, including any tribble/redshirt installations before running the installer again. My honest sympathies to anyone who has a limited internet data plan that has to go through this :neutral:

Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • Options
    kurzoffkurzoff Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    yes ,i am out
    mac users are totally screwed, there is no way run STO on mac, it works for linux tough, but there is no mac solution, besides the start in windows and play in windows way, but thats not an option for many ppl.
    do we need a signature? why?
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    I would attach a screeny of my settings, but I'm not signing up for some image server just so I can.

imgur.com requires no login to post and link pics, just click 'New Post' at the top.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    nope
    See if it works

Edit: Guess I'm doing something wrong, select the box for "Attach image/file", enter the url from Imgur, but nothing shows in the post at all. Oh well, here's the link anyway, it might give others a starting point in trying to get thier own system to stop D3D error crashing.
    http://imgur.com/a/OFIvV
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    arionisa wrote: »
    See if it works

Easier to just image link the resulting pic and then putting that in a link to the gallery:
    rUj3l0B.png

• Options
    nope
    You'll have to dumb it down for me for me to figure out how to make it show up in the post. Then again, as you were kind enough to do it for me, and this is the first time in @ 2 years I've ever wanted/needed to post a pic, I'd probably forget how by the time I ever tried to post another even if you did lol
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png