test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your max effective level?

Add 50 to the total number of specialization points (used and unused) of your highest character. What's your highest effective level, by this method?

(120).

Comments

• Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    My main is maxed out at 150 + level 60.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    But is that your actual maximum effective level? Any Specialization point that is used in a Specialization that you don't use doesn't improve your effectiveness. Unlike most games, STO's maximum level is different from maximum effective level.

You can only slot 1 primary and 1 secondary which is a maximum effective level of 95 or 110 if you include the scaling bonus of making a primary specialization into a secondary. Then there is the starship traits from maxing out a specialization and the Specialization Kit Modules and Bridge Officer abilities. Therefore, everyone will have a different maximum effective level depending on their build.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The max effective level of my primary Fed Captain is 175. My primary KDF Captain is 168. My Primary Romulan Captain is 163.

None of the spec points have been allocated yet. I would have more spec points for those captains and all my other captains if I actually cared about accumulating them. Perhaps the upcoming game balances will motivate me to actually start using spec points.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I don't want to count. I have all trees filled and an extra 33 points unused.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    No real need to count:

4 primary-able specs, 30 each: 120
    2 secondary-only specs, 15 each: 30
    50 before starting

All spec trees filled is thus 200. I wouldn't count the 33 extra ones for the purpose of this question, but they may jumpstart you if/when a new spec comes up.

(My main is in his 190s. I find it more important to level other toons right now, like the AoYs I have to 140 where they get a bonus I don't care about. Whenever bonus XP comes around I'll be making a round of admiralty though)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries