test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Faction EV Suits in Undiscovered Lockbox?

Although the blog announcing the Undiscovered Lockbox shows a photo and description of Experimental Environmental Suit (c. 2293) here -
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10361233-the-undiscovered-lockbox

The actual Wiki page does not list them among the things in the box. that is here -
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Undiscovered_Lock_Box

And they are not shown anywhere on the Enviornmental Suit page here -
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Environmental_Suit

There is also no mention of the new Federation Lobi suit on the main EV Suit page. And apparently no Romulan or KDF versions of that super suit.

So -
Do the new lockbox suits exist?
What are the Stats?

If it is just a costume, well I still can't find them, and the announcement blog specified a new special ability ability.

If the new suits are not in the box, why is there NO mention of the reason for their delay / exclusion anywhere that an hour plus of searching can find?

If they are in the box, are they character bound on acquire? I certainly could not find them on the exchange anywhere either.

I realize that EV Suits are a Who Cares item for most everyone, but I wanted something different for a couple of specific alts.

If this has been asked and answered before, well Part of that hour plus of searching for info included searching this forum with many different key words.

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Did you look in the Lobi store?
  • Options
    jacquemarteljacquemartel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    As I mentioned there is one new 200 Lobi super suit. It is labeled specifically as a Starfleet suit. If it is useable by other Factions that is not noted. If it is the item in the blog for the Lockbox, it would have been helpful if the blog had stated that it was a LOBI Item not in the lockbox, and usable by all Factions, not just Starfleet as the name suggests.
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It displays as Romulan Experimental Environmental Suit (c 2293) on my kdfrom. So it only displays the EV suit your faction can use (Which makes sense, what point is there in displaying the suit if you can't use it?).
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    The blog says, "Captains looking for a new Environmental Suit may make use of their faction’s Experimental Environmental Suit (c. 2293)." THEIR. That's pretty straight forward indicative, not to mention the different suits in the picture, that the EV suit is Faction specific. A FED character won't see the KDF or ROM EV suits in the Lobi Store, because they're Faction exclusive. Just like a FED can't see the Korath uniform, but rather the Wells uniform in the Lobi Store. I'll grant you that the blog didn't specify that the EV suit is available in the Lobi Store, but typically all Lock Box related costumes and armors are acquired there. You seem to be new here, so we won't hold it against you for not knowing.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jacquemarteljacquemartel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thanks all!

If I had been on any other non-Fed alt in the last few days would have seen that.

Sloppy blogs the norm in this game. Should have realized.

Got one for 2nd main and will get the other for main tomorrow.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I love it. Made the Federation one I have Epic XIV. Good stats for an Environmental Suit and very effective in Combat.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I love it. Made the Federation one I have Epic XIV. Good stats for an Environmental Suit and very effective in Combat.

Does it gotta be switched on for it to be used? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    The Environment protection part only (as in the Underground Caves on New Romulus). Otherwise all the stats apply like any other Combat Armor under all circumstances.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Environment protection part only (as in the Underground Caves on New Romulus). Otherwise all the stats apply like any other Combat Armor under all circumstances.

Ooo.......might I ask what sorta numbers your suit has? :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    As I mentioned there is one new 200 Lobi super suit. It is labeled specifically as a Starfleet suit. If it is useable by other Factions that is not noted. If it is the item in the blog for the Lockbox, it would have been helpful if the blog had stated that it was a LOBI Item not in the lockbox, and usable by all Factions, not just Starfleet as the name suggests.

200 Lobi!? oO

Does the box contain 5 suits; whole away team?
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    It's a single suit in the box. There is only one design (Fed) but the other factions get palette-swapped versions.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    Here you go:

KhqPj2s.jpg
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns