test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current server status

They said they would give us an update if they had to exceed the expected 6 hours. It's now 35+ minutes past the announced server downtime. Am I glitching on login or are the servers still down. Where to get latest info about this?

Best Answers

• tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    It is currently 17:41 UTC. They say downtime will take until 20:00 UTC, meaning another 2 and a half hours roughly.
  • triniton82#4253 triniton82 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I think its still over 2 hours to go, I might be wrong though. Google UTC time
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Yes we still have 2 hours before it hits the 6 hour mark.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!

Answers

• parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Thanks guys!
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    and remember: Cryptic's definition of UTC is different from reality ;-)
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Ignoring their inability to tell (UTC) time :) , 6 AM PST + 6 = noon PST = 25 minutes from now.
    15 minutes till the marks. Everyone cross your fingers.​​
    signature.png
  • altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Nah, Cryptic UTC = UTC+1, because reasons.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    German launcher switched from 9pm (20 UTC) to 11pm (22 UTC). Which is a shame for my plans, but shift happens. At the same time, English launcher switched to 21 UTC, so which is it?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    +2 hours. Power creep has hit server maintenance schedules.
  • parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Arc Games ‏@PlayArcGames 9m9 minutes ago

Site-wide maintenance has been extended until 2 PM PT. Thank you for being patient and we will keep you update on any changes!
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Wow What are they doing during this Maintance?
  • xaranimrynxaranimryn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So let me get this straight.

They took all the servers down for 6 hours to apply a patch to the PS4 version of the game ONLY, but now they have extended the maintenance by another two hours.

Except they announced after 5 hours that the PS4 and Xbox games were back up, so what's happened is that in the process of patching the PS4 servers they have managed to completely TRIBBLE the PC servers and subject their PC customers to 8 hours (and counting...) downtime for absolutely no possible benefit.

I am struggling to think of a stupider way of managing a product, but I can't.
  • gersoniusgersonius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    client shows me to Engage allready.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    They were also doing physical maintenance on the PC servers. Upgrades/tweaks, what have you. That was explained in an earlier post.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    gersonius wrote: »
    client shows me to Engage allready.

Yeah but what color is the server status "light" up top? Mine shows red still.​​
    signature.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    fastest way to see if servers are up/down is to check their twittard
  • drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    well login section of server is working now so maybe in the next 15 to 30 minutes maybe the servers will be up

also i hate having to enter a dang code they send to email every time i log into forums or their main website
    I've had occasions where the 'light' was red, but the launcher connected me to the game on maint days. Happened at least once that I can remember.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Yeah still waiting for the login server. Got game up, just cannot get in.​​
    signature.png
    Yeah, I just tried and got a login timeout. So gonna wait awhile before trying again. Not gonna do much but I do want to get in and get my Delta Recruit her next Borg doohickey for the personal weapon to complete her ground set. She needs two more so just using her extra Omega marks to get them rather than run Disconnected Advanced.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    well from a update notice i seen it will be at least another hour before server is back up unless they have run into more issues

I'm patient. The timer on getting the neural processors with extra marks hasn't run out yet on her anyway.

And since my good computer is down, I can only run the game if the game is the ONLY thing I'm running. Friggin' Yahoo messenger app takes up nearly all my processing power and causes the game, or even my browsing to freeze up.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm patient. The timer on getting the neural processors with extra marks hasn't run out yet on her anyway.

And since my good computer is down, I can only run the game if the game is the ONLY thing I'm running. Friggin' Yahoo messenger app takes up nearly all my processing power and causes the game, or even my browsing to freeze up.

eeewww yahoo messenger is so awful.

down time has not bothered me really. I did not have any real time to play during the day today anyways. Ran down to the cities to get my girls remains. Still need to get a urn for her and still have to decide on a spot in the yard for her.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    drizzec wrote: »

down time has not bothered me really. I did not have any real time to play during the day today anyways. Ran down to the cities to get my girls remains. Still need to get a urn for her and still have to decide on a spot in the yard for her.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you've got larger issues which would definitely make an overly long downtime seem trival.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    gradii wrote: »
    drizzec wrote: »

Sorry to hear that, sounds like you've got larger issues which would definitely make an overly long downtime seem trival.

Yeah sto has been a major escape for me the last few days. some guy said it was stupid to immerse myself into games but I just told him better to do that then to be looking at the bottom of bottle everyday and night
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Sure cure for all of this:
    1- Get a job. If you already have one...apparently you need another one to waste your time on :D
    2- Get a life. Look outside and take a walk...see the daylight/rain/night/stars...whatever...real life is more than just waiting for a patch.
    3- Get a girl/boy...whatever it might be to your liking. Your server watching will stop suddenly.

Good luck and I can think of million more things to do than just watch a server to give me abstract pixels that are irrelevant to RL. But seriously...enjoy!
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    1- Get a job. If you already have one...apparently you need another one to waste your time on :D
    2- Get a life. Look outside and take a walk...see the daylight/rain/night/stars...whatever...real life is more than just waiting for a patch.
    3- Get a girl/boy...whatever it might be to your liking. Your server watching will stop suddenly.

Good luck and I can think of million more things to do than just watch a server to give me abstract pixels that are irrelevant to RL. But seriously...enjoy!

Savage.
    /channel_join grind

I have plenty of other things i can do i just do not feel like doing them. mostly i have been trying to get a old laptop running to no avail can not figure out why it will not start up. I know i have some pics and vids of my girl on it I want to get. i think i will hvae to just take it in to some place and see if they can get it going or get the stuff off it.

Also I like your portrait.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User

1 day off.
    2 dark & wet.
    3 grandkids in bed.

:) lol :)