test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with a skill tree

he guys and girls so its been along time since i played my KDF captain and all my skills have been reset and i need some help choosing what skills i have the fleet t5 u brel refit with cannons and he is a dps but i dont know what skills to pick

Comments

• Options
    jbeach92jbeach92 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    its a disruptor dual heavy cannon build
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    One thing I noticed the most in the skill trees is that not that much points into self-defense or durability is necessary to cope with 99% of the pve content. You gear can step in nicely here. In that case the tree can give you some easy boom and DPS strength in STO for zero cost.

I found going for the SCI or the TAC ultimate to be very worth it. SCI makes it a bit more easy for me in bad pug situation while TAC totally shines in strong premade teams.

Best I can do is give you a link to recent build recommendations form the STO league.

https://www.sto-league.com/lukari-hokuun-science-vessel/

If you look at them you find two skill tree examples. I use similar ones, have only adjusted some minor things to my own preference and play style. I suggest you do the same. Some try and error is defiantly in order in the long run but the basics you find in the link.

Edit:

Consider all the same points spend in both examples to be most important for a strong perforamce of your characters. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ok thanks alot man
  • Options
    when i click the tac ulti build nothing shows up
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    jbeach92 wrote: »
    when i click the tac ulti build nothing shows up

Curious, here's the direct link to the page that opens up when I click on it:
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/e13adf724d8ad730f234a82f5e37c51b
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You only have to navigate a bit in the menue to the right to click yourslef through to the skill tree. :)

Also nice you love disruptor cannons OP, so do I.

Here is my respective build: U.S.S. Red Baroness

If you return from a longer break please try to get the Terran Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannon from the Reputation project. It’s an extremely strong asset to all such builds.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated