test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really not sure where this goes, but I have a Cstore suggestion?

Why can't we buy an item as a gift for a friend, like say I have some spare Zen and want to buy a ship for a friend, or vice versa why can't we do this? Cryptic is getting their money either way it just seems like it would be a nice feature to offically support.

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Probably because there's too much room for exploitation.

You could create a bunch of alt accounts and farm dilithium, then change the dilithium for zen, then gift your main account with whatever zen-only purchase you want. There's already plenty of things that can be traded from the c-store. You can gift your friend fleet modules, master keys, and upgrade tokens.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • joanmoldoviajoanmoldovia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    True, you can gift those, but if the friend wants a t6 ship master keys fleet modules and upgrade tokens won't get him the ship he wants. And while I suppose Dil farming might be an Issue, people are still paying for the zen in the first place to be on the market, so cryptic still gets their money.
    Hell, even another idea would be just the ablility to Buy Raw Zen, and ship that to another player...no dil farming required, you just buy your Zen as a gift.
    Well, like any economy, your friend is going to have some reasonable expectation to make a zen purchase, or otherwise farm dilithium on his own time. While you can't gift him the ship he wants directly, you can gift him other things with your Zen. Gifting is an option, it's just not carte blanche.

Depending on the ship he wants, there may already be a Fleet T6 version of it which would require 5 Fleet Modules along with 20k fleet credits.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Hell, even another idea would be just the ablility to Buy Raw Zen, and ship that to another player...no dil farming required, you just buy your Zen as a gift.

There are Zen Gift Cards you can purchase.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    They could just make it so that, when buying zen with cash, you have the option of gifting that zen to a friends account. Would be a decent alternative.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You want to give your friend a gift from the c- store? Ok, here is how to do it, head on down to Wal- Mart, Gamestop, or wherever, purchase a Perfect World Zen card or 2, PM or email the codes to your friend, Boom he has zen he can get the ship, problem solved.

You don't even need to do that. I believe there are web sites that provide e-mail delivery of gift card codes.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Thanks for reminding me about the cards, forgot they existed. Kinda sucks I can't use my Liftime reward Zen for it, but hey better than nothing.