test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOFF Scam on STO Exchange, Blue not Purple.

marinesrule1983marinesrule1983 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I filter Very Rare purple quality Lethean Boff, I buy nine "efficient" with purple Icon, same purple icon as other purple quality Boff's. I open/commission all of them. Not one is vary rare, all are blue quality, not purple. I put in a ticket with ARC support. Want hear from folks that have had the same problem/ripoff that I have had. We grind out asses off then get ripped off. I'm pissed and this is BS. I want all my credits back or nine Very Rare purple quality Lethean Boff/"efficient" from STO. How about you? I took pic's but no where to post them here

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    It is a old and known bug.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It's not a scam, same thing happens if you get them from missions or levelling rewards (Gorn too). IIRC it's to do with their special racial trait not being labelled as Superior, so the game thinks they're Blues. They're still VR quality regardless of colour after you commission them.
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    It is a old and known bug.

indeed. sorry you got bit by it
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,547 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Do they have any "Basic something" traits? If not then their stats are purple quality and you can relax.

Also, even if they only have blue stats that only a matters a tiny bit, and only on ground missions. The efficient trait works the same for all quality levels.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Commissioned boffs don't actually have a quality at all.

For some reason, a feature was added at some point that tries to guess what quality the candidate was before the boff was commissioned, based on his traits. It inevitably guesses wrong if the boff has any special traits like "efficient" or multiple race-specific traits that aren't available as basic/superior. This feature is useless and misleading and should be removed.

Ignore it, it doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    known bug... boff quality is dependent on traits... purple = 2 or more sup traits. some races have a racial skill that is forced and so they do not have enough room for 2 sup traits... they really should update all boffs to let the player choose their traits...
  • Options
    Thank all of you for your comments. So even though they show blue they are really the very rare purple I paid for. Or, I'm getting duped by the system telling me they are very rare and are actually rare? This is the first time I've spent any game money on stuff to beef up my game play, lots, including the 5mil. plus trainers I bought to apply to them. Don't want to waste trainers on blue, only very rare. Which is it?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,547 Arc User
    Look at the traits.

If there is a "basic something" like basic sturdy, basic basket weaving then it is a blue quality.

If there are plain traits like "sturdy" and superior traits like "superior creative" but NO "basic something" then it is VR.

Again, this only matters on the ground. Efficient is the racial trait and it is the same for white, green, blue, purple.
  • Options
    Awe, that clears it up. Thank you Dave. They do say superior in one of their traits. So I feel much better. Sorry to sound like such a dumbass, just never came across this until now. Thanks again everyone.