test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Three Questions.

gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
1. How do I set or get the game to remember my zoom level in Sector space?
Every time I enter it it will zoom out as far as possible, and I fly a tiny ship, so I can't even see the ship.

2. How do I set or get the game to remember my zoom level in Orbit space? (ESD Space, Drozana Space, etc)
Every time I enter it it will zoom so close to my ship I can't navigate around.

3. How do I delete my Shuttlecraft?
I use different impulse engines for sector space then orbit space, but when I double click my engines in my inventory it will swap them out with my shuttle instead. These are not shuttle engines, and when I try to delete my shuttle it lets me enter its name but it doesn't delete. Plus I never use a shuttle anyway, so I just want it gone.

Comments

• stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    1. You can't.
    2. You can't (surprised?).
    3. Usually it SHOULD be wiped as soon as you type in the name correctly. Double check your spelling.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    The game won't let you delete your active shuttle, to save you from yourself. FYI, there are story missions besides The Vault that require a shuttle, and unless you bought the shuttle for zen (not dil or using a token) the shuttle can not be reclaimed.

You might try renaming the shuttle to z-something like "zshuttle" so it appears after your main ship in the U menu.
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    ...try renaming the shuttle to z-something like "zshuttle" so it appears after your main ship in the U menu.

Hey I renamed the shuttle to zDeleteMe, after that it let me delete it, yay.
    I don't know why that is, cause I typed the old name perfect 3x, even had my wife enter it.
    Weird had to rename it to delete it, but it's gone now, good.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Three Questions.

Three Answers.

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Fully expected "What is your name? What is your quest? What is the average speed of an unladen swallow?"

I now leave disappointed.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    Fully expected "What is your name? What is your quest? What is the average speed of an unladen swallow?"

I now leave disappointed.

LOL I almost was gonna put that in there somehow.

Like, You must answer me these questions three....
    WHAT!, is the issue with sector zooming? Known bug.
    WHAT!, is the issue with map zooming? Known bug.
    WHAT!, is the problem with deleting my shuttle? Don't know.
    AAAAhhhhhhhhhh
    *chuckles softly under breath*
  • nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Although expensive, playing STO with an Ultrawide monitor helps mitigate the inefficiency of playing in the narrower 16:9 aspect ratio. Well, this goes for any game really.

Some people like Ultrawide and others don't when it comes to overall usage such as watching movies. I personally can highly recommend it for a future upgrade should you... ever look into it.