test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Contest] No-Win Scenario replica - TSC anniversary

tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
TSC3.jpg
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL ANNIVERSARY

Today, On February, 3, The Science Channel is celebrating its 1-year anniversary. We are more than grateful to everyone who has contributed thus far to making TSC such a wonderful channel it currently is and making science a viable means of a career in Star Trek Online. As we were afraid of Forums going offline for an unspecified time for the Season 12 update, we decided to wait a bit until we announced the last event. However, finally here it is!

No-Win Scenario Replica

“Participate now for a chance at a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought”

Note: due to Foundry restrictions, this event is FED and ROM-FED players only

Date & Time

•Feb 17th (approx. 16-20 GMT)
•Feb 18th (approx. 19-24 GMT, perhaps slightly longer)

Thanks to TSC channel operator @comrademoco, the Foundry now has a mission called „Combat Simulation 348“. While not being an exact copy -Foundry Limitations- the end result is a very close replica to the original No Win Scenario.

In this contest, a group of contestants must use their science vessel -any ship with Commander Science BOFF slot- to successfully carry, heal and protect TWO TSC experts (@tunebreaker; @mmps1) -who will take reprise the role of the transport, Foundry Limitations- at Advanced difficulty through 10 waves. The missions ends when both TSC experts die or when Wave 10 is completed.

Mission is divided into 3 stages of increasing difficulty.

Note: ALL participants (Solo - 2Man - 3Man) will have to protect TWO TSC experts.
Successfully completing a stage will enter the contestants’ names into a pool of prizes where a random generator will be used to determine the winners. The rewards are as follows;

Stage 1 (Waves 1-5; fighting Gorn)

•Paradox Temporal Dreadnought ←SHINY
•Space Trait: Biotech Patch
•Starship Trait pack: Standoff/Highly Specialized (Federation)
•Starship Trait pack: Down but not Out/Highly Specialized (Klingon)
•Isometric Charge/Antimatter Spread pack

Stage 2 (Waves 6-8; Breen)

•Master Key x5
•Fleet Ship Module
•Plasmonic Leech/Ionized Gas Sensor pack
•Constriction Anchor
•Kelvin Timeline, Kobali, Gamma Quadrant, Hirogen DOFF packs
•Contraband x250

Stage 3 (Waves 9-10; Undine/Species 8472)

•Superior Science Tech Upgrade x300
•Omega Fragments x50

Extra Prize

A randomly chosen full team has a chance to win a set of 3 state of the art Temporal Science Vessels (Wells Class) – If you want the shot at winning these shiny and TSC approved ships, make sure you join as a team of 3 or are willing to be grouped with other contestants, when entering solo.

Note: Players entering solo or in 2-member Groups will be randomly grouped with other entrant(s), unless they explicitly express their wish to solo/2-man the mission.

Need Practice?
The mission will be available for training – search for ST-HLRITMLV5 in the Foundry, Titled: “Combat Simulation 348”.
(Journal -> Foundry -> Browse All -> Search: “ST-HLRITMLV5”)

Mission begins at the door to left of the fountain on the main entrance to Club 47 at Earth Spacedock

How to Participate
To enter all you need to do is leave your in game @handle/s here in a Forum reply or send @tunebreaker an in-game mail, example of how to enter as follows;

•Solo

◦Participant: @kronos1996

•Team

◦Participants: @tunebreaker - @mmps1 - @comrademoco

As Always,
See you all in game but most of all; have fun!!!

~ The Science Channel

Anticipating some of the questions...

Can I have Foundry mission ID for copy-paste purposes?
ST-HLRITMLV5

What if times specified are totally unsuitable for me, but I really wish to participate?
Sadly neither myself or Nirett can commit 24 hours a day to playing STO. However, if you manage to get a full team of 3 people together and contact me in-game, I believe we can work something out.

If I reach Stage 2, does it mean I don't have a chance winning Paradox anymore?
Reaching Stage 2/3 will still have you eligible for all prizes in Stage 1, including the main prize. You just have better chances to win *something* if you reach higher stages. Also, the winner of Paradox will be drawn first, so there's an equal chance for everyone to win it, provided you got through at least Stage 1.

I can't find the starting point. Help?
Hopefully this picture helps you to find it. When you have accepted the mission, the "Begin Simulation" choice should appear near that place.
screenshot_2017-02-03-17-20-44.jpg

Comments

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Weee let the dps I mean.... Science meta begin

Solo: @comrademoco
    Feb 17th or 18th both days are fine... Thus far, nothing on my calendar... :)
    6tviTDx.png

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Weee let the dps I mean.... Science meta begin

Solo: @comrademoco
    Feb 17th or 18th both days are fine... Thus far, nothing on my calendar... :)

I'm about to use my nebula healer in this. :D
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • mmps1mmps1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    carry me \o/
    "Mr talks down to the peasants."
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Sweet
  • e8333e8333 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    After performing my run with my team, Sul and Orion on this (Done early due to not being available at times stated above)
    I can confirm, this is some crazy hard stuff, looking forward to other contestant strategies for this.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Catherine_xSmall.png

"All this firepower deserves a target."
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    Stupid question here...:

By 'advanced difficulty', I take it you mean that participants would be required to set their -own- difficulty to advanced?
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You certainly go to alot of trouble and effort only being a hobbiest commrade.
    edited February 2017
    @capemike4 yup, make sure you're set to adv difficulty, alternative the team leader with set it when in team...

@officerbatman81 do you mean that because of what my deviantart says??? :)
    6tviTDx.png

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    e8333 wrote: »
    After performing my run with my team, Sul and Orion on this (Done early due to not being available at times stated above)
    I can confirm, this is some crazy hard stuff, looking forward to other contestant strategies for this.

Same...definitely pack a great deal of cc and heals if you want to get far (you'll probably not have as much cc as my boomstick build though :p)

One good thing is that the allied ships to protect do not have the same inherent threat the kobyashi had so the enemy only attacks them if they get close enough whilst not aggroed so keeping them away is a very good idea

Also...a big tip is to ensure you know how to heal targets other than yourself as throwing a he on an ally when they are taking all the flak is a great idea, as is focusing on one of the target ships so you know where they are roughly (sensor analysis with +heal secdefs is a great idea too)
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Hadn't seen that. By the way you have your original post graphic insert for your own contest for a game your just a player in.
    edited February 2017
    Hadn't seen that. By the way you have your original post graphic insert for your own contest for a game your just a player in.

I'll be honest... you confused me... I don't know what you mean here, or maybe I do to an extent... hrmmmm nope, nope looks like I'm still confused :confused:
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png