test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance during giveaway?! I AM PISSED

Woke up 2 hours before work so i can get the day's giveaway only to find out there is freaking maintenace going on. Are you FREAKING kidding me? Some of us have jobs and then have to sleep when we get home and so I was going to get it before going into work. But No. They effin closed the shard down 2 hours early and lock me out from getting my specialization points. The dicks!

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    There was a maint box open all day yesterday.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Sooooo... you're drunk because of maintenance? :confused:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    22-24 hours to get the giveaways. There's almost always issues with new seasons that require maintenance which you should know by now which means you can't make assumptions about the game actually being playable when you want it to be... I can understand the need to rant though.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The offer was up for 22hrs and you couldn't find 5 min to log in and claim it. How is that Cryptic's fault?

Go throw your cry baby temper tantrum somewhere else, no one here is going to feel bad for you.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

OMG I needed a good laugh.

So OP you are part of the "TRIBBLE fixing bugs" crowd?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »

Ha ha. No. Good one.

I just hate waking up to bad news. It's gonna make me not a great person to be around when i go into work in 30 minutes.
  • Options
    tempus64 wrote: »
    22-24 hours to get the giveaways. There's almost always issues with new seasons that require maintenance which you should know by now which means you can't make assumptions about the game actually being playable when you want it to be... I can understand the need to rant though.

Thank you.
  • Options
    The offer was up for 22hrs and you couldn't find 5 min to log in and claim it. How is that Cryptic's fault?

Go throw your cry baby temper tantrum somewhere else, no one here is going to feel bad for you.

Whatever. Ignored.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User

Ha ha. No. Good one.

I just hate waking up to bad news. It's gonna make me not a great person to be around when i go into work in 30 minutes.

So extra spit in everyone's burgers today? "just jokin"
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options

Also you missed the part where I worked and then got home, went to sleep and woke up 2 hours before work to a stupid maintenance messed. I am so sorry my life does not revolve around and allow 5 minutes for the oh so great STO!
  • Options
    cidjack wrote: »

Ha ha. No. Good one.

So extra spit in everyone's burgers today? "just jokin"

No I work at Walmart. I may take longer doing tire work and lube jobs. .... maybe.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Woke up 2 hours before work so i can get the day's giveaway only to find out there is freaking maintenace going on. Are you FREAKING kidding me? Some of us have jobs and then have to sleep when we get home and so I was going to get it before going into work. But No. They effin closed the shard down 2 hours early and lock me out from getting my specialization points. The dicks!

You should always expect an emergency patch the day after a major release of new content. Sometimes even for two days.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User

Also you missed the part where I worked and then got home, went to sleep and woke up 2 hours before work to a stupid maintenance messed. I am so sorry my life does not revolve around and allow 5 minutes for the oh so great STO!

It'd probably be more than 5 minutes for this one, anyway - you have to log in on each character separately. Aaaand heaven forbid you haven't patched the game up before that. :neutral:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Servers are back up now.
  • Options

It'd probably be more than 5 minutes for this one, anyway - you have to log in on each character separately. Aaaand heaven forbid you haven't patched the game up before that. :neutral:

Ding, ding. I have 24 characters on my account and play 3 to 4 of them always.

Anywyas, The game is back up. Gonna try to get as much as I can in next 8 minutes, or just... heading into work really late. :-P
  • Options
    steaen wrote: »
    Servers are back up now.

I know. Thank you.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    Its FREE...you did not lose anything. Why be pissed about it? There will be more free stuff always.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Oh, I read it. I just know it's TRIBBLE.

We all have jobs, I worked over 50 hours this week. I got home, logged on to claim the reward and then went to sleep. It takes a couple min tops. If you decided not to do that, then cool.. that was YOUR choice. Take responsibility for your own time management and stop throwing hissy fits on the internet because you can't be bothered to spend 5 min claiming a free reward that was available to you all day. It's only a couple spec points anyway, not like you missed something enormous.

Get over it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Its FREE...you did not lose anything. Why be pissed about it? There will be more free stuff always.

Also, it's two spec points. Two spec points. I could understand just feeling the need to vent a bit out of disappointment to miss a ship or something unique like a limited time goodie (say, Worf S1 hair and sash). But two spec points.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options

Oh, I read it. I just know it's ****.

We all have jobs, I worked over 50 hours this week. I got home, logged on to claim the reward and then went to sleep. It takes a couple min tops. If you decided not to do that, then cool.. that was YOUR choice. Take responsibility for your own time management and stop throwing hissy fits on the internet because you can't be bothered to spend 5 min claiming a free reward that was available to you all day. It's only a couple spec points anyway, not like you missed something enormous.

Get over it.

Ok, I am not "over it" but i am logged in and getting the reward at the cost of being late for work. I still think this reward should be available more than just one day. Even for folks like you so you can get to your sleep faster. ;-)
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

Also, it's two spec points. Two spec points. I could understand just feeling the need to vent a bit out of disappointment to miss a ship or something unique like a limited time goodie (say, Worf S1 hair and sash). But two spec points.​​

Wait... when did they have a Worf Season 1 hair and sash outfit?? I missed that?
  • Options
    Ok, it took over 36 minutes but was able to claim the spec point on all my characters. Ok, off to work before I am big time late. Walmart does not play when it comes to having too many tardies.

Let's hope Trump does not bring America to a state where everyone has to work at a company like Walmart. Ugh.
  • Options
    xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The op and this thread just goes into the " entitled gamer is entitled " category...along with the majority of rants in various threads in here. maintenance was already known ...and if you cant find 2 min to log in in a 24 hour time span that is a personal issue not cryptic..fault...

op...this is well desrved

jiFfM.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Wow, it must take some people longer to learn gratitude... And that entitlement isn't a real thing... And that you just can't please everyone...

I'll be darned if there isn't a handful of threads like this every time STO decides to have giveaways, of any kind...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Whatever. Ignored.

Oh the irony. If it was ignored, why did you have to say it was ignored. That means it was not ignored.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

Ouch! Damage report! :D
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Well, tZENkethi battlezone was broken (for one); so, an emergency maintenance event was inbound for today, as expected.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,518 Arc User

Welcome to the forums, new player!

Veterans who have been through past events will tell you that it's common for "emergency maintenance" to happen after a major content update, to address bugs that did not show up in QA or on the test server.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

This discussion has been closed.