test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Particles - nice reward. :3

wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
Here's a nice little reward. Missed like 3 particles this time. Still haven't got a perfect score on it, but getting there. :)
Wonder what it gives at 3000 particles caught?

OUxaBw1.jpg

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    I think the maximum you can get is 2700, anyway.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    well, I've missed some before and still got 2700 so, it's possible.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    In the three years this has run, I have never been able to get over the mid-600s. Mostly in the upper 400s to lower 500s.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    In the three years this has run, I have never been able to get over the mid-600s. Mostly in the upper 400s to lower 500s.

Are you using a mouse?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I believe that this year, the best you can get is the blue shards. I have had hundreds of games, several dozen where I scored 2700 and have yet to have a purple drop.

I have received several blues, which is nice.. but I think they nerfed the Fragment drops into complete non-existence.

Has anyone had a Fragment drop yet?
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I believe that this year, the best you can get is the blue shards. I have had hundreds of games, several dozen where I scored 2700 and have yet to have a purple drop.

I have received several blues, which is nice.. but I think they nerfed the Fragment drops into complete non-existence.

Yes. I got Fragments; two or three from last night and one this morning before going to work.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Same here. I use the moose and still I seldom get over 700

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User

Same here... I only do this for the event and avoid this mini-game like the plague. It's just terrible.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Yes. I got Fragments; two or three from last night and one this morning before going to work.

Hmm.. that's interesting.

Normally, I would assume I just had bad luck, but the sheer volume of games I have played with high scores makes it unlikely. I'll see if I get any today, thanks for the information.
    I am happy just getting Shards.

In fact I got a Shard last night with a measly score of something like 1,650 'cause I started coughing in the middle of the mini-game.
    edited January 2017

Are you using a mouse?

yes.

you have to get over 1000 before a chance at silver happens, and near 2000 0r over for a chance at a shard. I say usually because the the chance is there at lower points, but less likely, and it isn't certain you will get one even with high score. games not rigged, it's technique. try shrinking your screen if you have trouble. only a thought. not what I do.
    I am happy just getting Shards.

In fact I got a Shard last night with a measly score of something like 1,650 'cause I started coughing in the middle of the mini-game.

I must have had a bad luck day yesterday. I just went back in and farmed for about 40 min and managed to get a couple Fragments. I can get them, just the drop rate seems a bit lower to me, but it might just be 'luck of the draw.'

Luckily I'm getting the Shards (Blue's) right and left, so I'm good. :)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    here's my thread from last year:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/12843965?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+6e75acbac32768e9fe40233119781dc2cad2de36+1485553976+hmacsha1

Basically the best prize you can get is a fragment. There is a small chance to get a fragment or a shard after 1300 points. However I find that the odds go way up at 2000-2300. I play around an hour a day and typically get 2 or 3. There is no special prize for getting a perfect score. And my best results come from 2000-2300. I seldom get a shard or fragment at 2700.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, I use a mouse and now it is a USB connected Razer Deathadder.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mavericku2007mavericku2007 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    missing something here - where do I play the omega particles game
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Right now I ain't getting ****, there's a lag that makes the pointer "sticky" when I try to play it and I haven't had a decent score yet. Last year I was racking up 2000+ pretty much constantly. Maybe once the server or my connection settles down, one or the other, I'll start doing well again but for now I am not bothering.​​

yeah the lag is still bad right now. it'll settle maybe by monday. I can only get 1800. last year 2100 was my typical score.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

missing something here - where do I play the omega particles game

There are several places you can go to get omega particles. The best place to begin is to speak with Q either on ESD, Qo'noS or New Romulus depending on the faction you play. If you want to get the Anniversary Event Ship you will have to do so anyway. Q will tell you to go to 3 locations to collect omega particles. Once done go back to Q to collect 40 Anniversary vouchers, and your choice of 3 rewards; I typically just choose the 500 Dil.

Here's a review of the omega mini-game for the 2016 Anniversary Event. The same basic principles apply to this year's Anniversary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LqMcj2RAQ

It does not matter what score you get in the mini-game to complete the daily mission to collect 40 vouchers. The first time you play the new episode for the Reckoning story arc you will get 400 Anniversary Vouchers. You need 1,000 vouchers to claim the ship. The ship is unlocked for your account so any captain on your account can claim the ship. You do not have to speak to Q to play any of the omega mini-games, but if you want the daily Anniversary Vouchers, then you should speak to Q.

At a minimum you will receive 1 omega trace. The color depends on the color of the omega symbol. The highest score you can get in the game is 2,700. The best guaranteed reward will be 3 omega traces and 1 omega sliver. In rare instances you can also get an omega shard and even rarer an omega fragment.
    Yes, I use a mouse and now it is a USB connected Razer Deathadder.

Hmmm... I guess it is simply something you are having a hard time trying to get accustomed to. I find that after a while of doing the mini-game my right arm tends to tense up. When that happens I typically score below 2,000 so every now and then I simply release mouse and shake my arm a bit.

The only mini-game I find that I am bad at is the Summer Event surfboard race (or whatever it's called). I basically don't bother doing it. Instead during that time I run CCA to get some quick and easy Dil.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I got a fragment randomly as a reward for the game today, or was it yesterday.....
    All I see are particles moving before my eyes, and I logged out an hour ago.
    As per last year I see optical haemorrhage in my future....
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    You still get the fragments and shards as rewards, I did a few hundred runs of the mini game yesterday and at the end of it had 4 fragments and about 16 shards.
    edited January 2017
    Ran it for about 2 hours (or was it 5 hours? Lost track of time yesterday).
    52 Blue, 208 Red, 50 Yellow, 59 Silver, and about 17 Fragments.

Haven't played today, due to still seeing the stupid things.

Problem I had was in finding them to run the minigame in the first place. Then it dawned on me to use the V key and simply follow the dumb scan.

If you truly cannot get over a score in the mid-600s, then unfortunately the best advice I can give is to actually not bother trying to score anything in the omega mini-game. With a bit of testing it seems you need to have a score of at least 920 in order to get two omega traces. Anything below that including a zero score will result in only one omega trace.

I have two STO accounts. What I do is I actively play the omega mini-game on my primary account. On my secondary free to play only account I simply start the mini-game and let it run. After the 50 second timer is up I get my 1 omega trace. Assuming I am in an Omega Particle rich area where I can simply park in place for a very long time, I am able to get 50 (or more) omega traces every hour on my secondary account while I focus on my primary account.

Depending on which desktop and laptops I use to play STO I basically use either a wired Logitech G500, wireless Logitech Performance MX, or bluetooth HP X4000b mouse.

I am currently listening to the audiobook novelization of the Alien movie (my favorite of the 4 movies) to pass the time while playing the mini-game on both of my accounts.

If you truly cannot get over a score in the mid-600s, then unfortunately the best advice I can give is to actually not bother trying to score anything in the omega mini-game. With a bit of testing it seems you need to have a score of at least 920 in order to get two omega traces. Anything below that including a zero score will result in only one omega trace.

I have two STO accounts. What I do is I actively play the omega mini-game on my primary account. On my secondary free to play only account I simply start the mini-game and let it run. After the 50 second timer is up I get my 1 omega trace. Assuming I am in an Omega Particle rich area where I can simply park in place for a very long time, I am able to get 50 (or more) omega traces every hour on my secondary account while I focus on my primary account.

Depending on which desktop and laptops I use to play STO I basically use either a wired Logitech G500, wireless Logitech Performance MX, or bluetooth HP X4000b mouse.

I am currently listening to the audiobook novelization of the Alien movie (my favorite of the 4 movies) to pass the time while playing the mini-game on both of my accounts.

I considered this. Been listening to one of C.J. Cherryh's old books: The Faded Sun: Kesrith, while playing over the past few days. Tried to find a good Space Opera type, but nothing seems up to par with Rachel Bach's 'Paradox' series, Mark E. Cooper's "Merkiaari Wars", or David Weber's "Honor" series. And although I like Star Trek film and games, the books can be focus-intensive and confusing when you are only half focused on them. :(