test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Camera Targeting Lock

wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
Oh, but for a camera targeting Lock...
So I could see what the hell I'm shooting at!

Or a HUD camera Lock...
To see what I'm facing...

Ah, another thing for my wish list. B)<3

(Note: only really useful for Fighter-types)

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Maybe I don't know what you mean, but your camera following your current target is a thing.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    I'm sure it is. I've just never looked into setting it up or figured out why it's not working. Which I guess I need to do.
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Go into options and change your camera settings. You can follow target or use free camera. I don't know how anyone can play with it following target :neutral:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Not targeting lock so much as a need for a HUD point of view. Basically, looking in the same direction your ship is. This is something that ISN'T in STO at this time. Wouldn't have to be in the ship, so long as it was just above it. Sure, being able to look around is important, but that doesn't mean that the camera view shouldn't slide back to point zero in reference to your ship. Target-lock is fine, if it stayed only on one target. Get into a group where they cause you to loose targeting and you'll get sick from jumping from target to target so fast you can't tell what's on the screen. As it is now, you're often 'shooting that thing over yonder' and off the screen somewhere.
  • Options
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    Not targeting lock so much as a need for a HUD point of view. Basically, looking in the same direction your ship is. This is something that ISN'T in STO at this time. Wouldn't have to be in the ship, so long as it was just above it.
    This is exactly what the game has, unless you are talking about a front view without being able to see your ship.
    bossheisenberg's explanation will get you where you need to go, select "Chase Camera."
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Will try it again, @bergins. But I thought he was talking about a different thing. No, wouldn't want to mess with setting a HUD up from inside a ship in a game as old as this. Wouldn't even want to think of the headache involved there. But if the camera works as you say, it'll be a nice change. Might be a prob I failed to reset after doing the reinstall. Can't remember it ever working that way, though. Thanks, if it does. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Finally!
    thanks!

Goes to show, it doesn't matter how long you play. you learn new things - and forget a lot more than that.

for anyone else who want's a more Fighter-pilot type of feel:
    Esc -> Options -> Controls -> Space -> Camera-> Chase Camera
  • Options
    Glad it worked for you. You know the X key (unless you've reassigned the hotkey) will toggle between the two camera modes right? A very useful tool...