test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AOY Coming to console 14th Feb so... Anniversary Event info?

So thats good news I guess that AOY is coming in two weeks for the consoles personally would of liked the Nukara Rep and zones or the Terran Rep and zones first.... Hell even the rest of the Future proof missions would of been nice lol.

So AOY is coming in two weeks but still not news on the anniversary event on the consoles! Its on the Calndar if that is wrong just post a quick news post saying Oops we made a mistake and that should not be on the calendar.

I doubt we will get an anniversary event and a week later get the AOY expansion drop thats a lot to drop in a two week span but hey if that is the case cool.

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    I'm wondering something after those several mentions of an anniversary event for console versions:

Why would there be an anniversary event on console at the same time as the PC version?

The console version was released on September 6 2016. So logically, its anniversary would be around that date.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    I'm wondering something after those several mentions of an anniversary event for console versions:

Why would there be an anniversary event on console at the same time as the PC version?

The console version was released on September 6 2016. So logically, its anniversary would be around that date.

Logically yes and I made the same remark however the in game calendar/coming soon event tab have listed it for other a month as the same time as the PC.
  • the game itself is 7 years old as of next month, the platform is what's new. I bet the console is going to get its own week long anniversary type event. It would not be fair to console players if they didn't do the 7 year anniversary event. they did the winter event at the same time as pc, what's stopping them from doing it on the console version?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Happy Valentine Day!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    the game itself is 7 years old as of next month, the platform is what's new. I bet the console is going to get its own week long anniversary type event. It would not be fair to console players if they didn't do the 7 year anniversary event. they did the winter event at the same time as pc, what's stopping them from doing it on the console version?
    Assuming it doesn't integrate with the new feature episode which doesn't exist on consoles yet, nothing. And even if it does, they could just use a different episode for it on consoles.

If the ingame calendar says the event is going to run on consoles, I don't see any reason to think it's wrong.

I don't get why the OP is so gung ho about getting an early announcement for it. We still haven't got one for the PC either. There's going to be one when it starts.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    warpangel wrote: »
    the game itself is 7 years old as of next month, the platform is what's new. I bet the console is going to get its own week long anniversary type event. It would not be fair to console players if they didn't do the 7 year anniversary event. they did the winter event at the same time as pc, what's stopping them from doing it on the console version?
    Assuming it doesn't integrate with the new feature episode which doesn't exist on consoles yet, nothing. And even if it does, they could just use a different episode for it on consoles.

If the ingame calendar says the event is going to run on consoles, I don't see any reason to think it's wrong.

I don't get why the OP is so gung ho about getting an early announcement for it. We still haven't got one for the PC either. There's going to be one when it starts.

The PC got info posted about the event on the 11th of January in case you missed it I'm gun ho to quote you as the event is due to start and they have yet to provide any information for the consoles and I just feel Cryptic need to start communicating better across all platforms... Communication has always been something they struggle with...

@sketchymerchant#8292 Yes the consoles got the event at the same time however we got last years event... and the info for that event was posted the day before it went live... (also im well aware of the platform is new since I have played since beta on the PC....)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

The PC got info posted about the event on the 11th of January in case you missed it I'm gun ho to quote you as the event is due to start and they have yet to provide any information for the consoles and I just feel Cryptic need to start communicating better across all platforms... Communication has always been something they struggle with...
    As I told you in your other thread, that was the Season 12 release announcement. It said nothing new or interesting about the anniversary event.

As predicted, the event was announced when it started. There is nothing on the console pages so it looks like they aren't running the event at the same time there.

They are never going to post a non-announcement about not running the event if that's what you're chasing after.
  • lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    kelador wrote: »
    So thats good news I guess that AOY is coming in two weeks for the consoles personally would of liked the Nukara Rep and zones or the Terran Rep and zones first.... Hell even the rest of the Future proof missions would of been nice lol.

So AOY is coming in two weeks but still not news on the anniversary event on the consoles! Its on the Calndar if that is wrong just post a quick news post saying Oops we made a mistake and that should not be on the calendar.

I doubt we will get an anniversary event and a week later get the AOY expansion drop thats a lot to drop in a two week span but hey if that is the case cool.

The game has not even been out for a year on consoles yet.....why would they get an anniversary event when they have not even reached their first anniversary? Makes no sense.
  • lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Because a Winter event happens during Winter and it was winter. An anniversary takes place at an anniversary, and the game has not been out for a year on those platforms yet. Yes yes, the game is seven years old, but the game on console is completely separate from the game on PC. Different servers, different UI, different features available at different times.....it's a different game, different anniversary. That doesn't change when winter is though, so the winter event still happens obviously.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Wait until September.