test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Availability in Foundry?

Hello, I'm starting my first project in the foundry to tell a story based on the era before the federation. (This would involve time travel)

What i'm looking for is the ability to use
nx class ships (ent) era
andorian Kumari's
Vulcan D'kir's

questions:

Basically the early ships, Is it possible to use these as NPC allies that assist the player in actions?

My other question is, is there a way to setup Cutscenes as I really want one of the npc ships to ram another bit like the tholian one did in one of the main missions.

My story is planned to be based on the Earth-Romulan war, Something that has never been covered and feel I need to fill the gap a bit.
It will be in multiple parts each part consisting of around 3 missions worth of content hopefully, kind of like a mini campaign.

Thanks

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    The Enterprise, Kumari and Vulcan ship are indeed in the foundry.

We don't have the ability to make cut scenes. Which would be cool, but I don't see it happening.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Also note that the Andorian ships in STO (and the Foundry) are not the same 22nd century design seen in Enterprise. It's a 25th century refit. Still, it's close enough that most people won't notice.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone