Install Arc
Options

Yet another Starfleet-only lobi ship

2»

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Well unless you are in the whale faction which is Fed you are out of luck for a lot of things. Cryptic would rather farm the whales Fed side then encourage people to play the other factions more with more offerings. Just no profit in that unless you want one of the new dreads in the up and coming lock box. Then the non whale factions would get a ship cause key sales to gamble for said ships means more profits.

I dunno. I made a Rom alt, back when, especially because Roms have been getting all the good stuff (full set of SRO's, prettiest ships in-game, beautiful Flotilla, etc). And Fed? Yes, there's always the next 'saucer' for them, but feeling a bit saturated on the latter myself, tbh. Tl;dr: still don't feel slanted on my Rom.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Well unless you are in the whale faction which is Fed you are out of luck for a lot of things. Cryptic would rather farm the whales Fed side then encourage people to play the other factions more with more offerings. Just no profit in that unless you want one of the new dreads in the up and coming lock box. Then the non whale factions would get a ship cause key sales to gamble for said ships means more profits.

I dunno. I made a Rom alt, back when, especially because Roms have been getting all the good stuff (full set of SRO's, prettiest ships in-game, beautiful Flotilla, etc). And Fed? Yes, there's always the next 'saucer' for them, but feeling a bit saturated on the latter myself, tbh. Tl;dr: still don't feel slanted on my Rom.

I would agree with you except for all the arguments I got where Romulans didn't need a T6 science ship because there's not as many players and other reasons when T6 ships were first offered. Romulans were fleshed out really nicely but not to the point where they're on par with Federation players and even KDF players if you include things like bridge pack offerings for their faction ships.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options

I would agree with you except for all the arguments I got where Romulans didn't need a T6 science ship because there's not as many players and other reasons when T6 ships were first offered. Romulans were fleshed out really nicely but not to the point where they're on par with Federation players and even KDF players if you include things like bridge pack offerings for their faction ships.

The Rom could definitely use some extra bridges, besides the literally only 1 we got now. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

The Rom could definitely use some extra bridges, besides the literally only 1 we got now. :)

Unless your in a scimy then you got two. :smiley:
  • Options

Yup, forgot that one. Will you believe it, I still haven't bought s Scimi!? They're allegedly very OP, but they always annoy the heck out of me, with their humongous bounding boxes, when I see others fly them. Hand to God, next time one of those is in front of me, blocking my view, I'll snap off a wing! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Yup, forgot that one. Will you believe it, I still haven't bought s Scimi!? They're allegedly very OP, but they always annoy the heck out of me, with their humongous bounding boxes, when I see others fly them. Hand to God, next time one of those is in front of me, blocking my view, I'll snap off a wing! :)
    Back before the sector revamp it used to be hell trying to get out of Sol or other populated system with Scimitar, because the wings would get stuck on other ships parked around. Especially other Scimitars. Fortunately it's not an issue anymore with sector space better scaled, because it looked absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    warrynnpeese#0791 warrynnpeese Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    If they want more profit they can sell the ship to everyone.

Did they sell the Temporal Light Cruiser to everyone? No.

Do they sell faction specific ships to everyone? No.

Is the NX-refit a faction specific ship? Yes.

Was there a complaint like this when the Kelvin Constitution or the Vengeance came out or is this some weird desire to just have the NX available to everyone?

Well......... I personally would have liked to have bought a Kelvin Connie or Dreddie from the C-Store, I still havent been lucky enough to "open" the right lock box for either of them, and NO I dont have a desire to be Ferengi swindled on the Exchange for them, either. If Cryptic would have at least "pack" sold them like the Oddys, Temporal Pack, Battlecruisers, etc. I would have easily bought them without second thought, (gives me the perfect excuse to spend birthday $$ carelessly like when the T6 Oddys hit the C-Store)
  • Options
    warrynnpeese#0791 warrynnpeese Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I dunno, I'd prefer if faction ships remained C-Store items. But of course, for KDF and RR it might sometimes be preferable to have a Lobi/Lockbox ship then no ship at all?

I totally agree! I'm STILL praying that one day Cryptic sells the all the Kelvins in the C-Store, (I'd buy the full set- if they sold them as such, like I did my T6 Oddys, the ULTIMATE birthday splurge gift, as opposed to my annual "Best Buy meaningless techno widget-gadget thingie that I religiously hold $50 every August). Lobi's are WAY too out of reach for my personal patience level, and I totally refuse to give up that much in EC's at the Exchange for them, either. Plus, I have way more than one FED toon that I really enjoy playing, and that would mean that I would have to buy no less than 3 Kelvin Connies, and 3 Kelvin Dreddies!
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

Back before the sector revamp it used to be hell trying to get out of Sol or other populated system with Scimitar, because the wings would get stuck on other ships parked around. Especially other Scimitars. Fortunately it's not an issue anymore with sector space better scaled, because it looked absolutely ridiculous.

I had that happen! Got caught several times on the wings of another scimi in New Romulus local space. Just wait as more large ships get released like the new dreadnoughts we'll be all stuck in each other again.
  • Options

I have all the scimitars and they are quite fun to fly. I'm doing the T6 tactical one now with AP weapons and the AP torpedo launcher. No upgrades yet but already it's ripping holes in everything like nobodies business. Especially the AP torpedoes since they get buffed by the same consoles as the beams but don't have the shield issues normal torps have. :smiley:
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Nice to see the thread didn't get derailed back there. Just FYI though, the T'laru has its own unique bridge and I'd be very surprised if the new T'liss dreadnought didn't as well.

The star prize has to go to the D4x though. Broken seats aside they clearly put a lot of effort into that bridge.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    Nice to see the thread didn't get derailed back there. Just FYI though, the T'laru has its own unique bridge and I'd be very surprised if the new T'liss dreadnought didn't as well.

The star prize has to go to the D4x though. Broken seats aside they clearly put a lot of effort into that bridge.

Hate to break it to you, but they said none of the ships have new bridges this time.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Hate to break it to you, but they said none of the ships have new bridges this time.
    No skin off my nose. I've no interest in flying any of them, much less watching myself relaxing in the captain's chair.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The Lukari ship is getting its own bridge according to the blog post today.

I saw a screen shot of the bridge. It had lots of shelves full of...

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/doritos_fix_package_detail_01.jpg

And a snow cone dispenser. Apparently the shelves are holding the fighters it can launch.

https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/doritos-profile_image-4328d01909178d94-300x300.png