test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please put in an option to turn off all the trait effects plz~

Here's a screen shot I took earlier today. The only thing I could see of my ship was the warp engines.

screenshot_2017-01-20-12-48-52_zpsr5dpe3cu.jpg

Would really be nice if they would give us the option to turn off all these effects. So that we could admire our ships... or at least sort of see them.
Tza0PEl.png

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Agree 100%, only things I need visible are what was shown on the shows/movies (phasers, torpedoes, mines, and engine trails), everything else I want to turn off ... personally I'd even be willing to pay, although it should just be a free option
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would also like this just so I can turn off the annoying sound effect from "Battle Ready."
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    +1 for this option.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Most of the stuff in that screenshot is not in fact "trait effects," there's at least an exploding ship, a tykens rift and gravity well.

But yeah, they should have option to hide the unnecessary spinning flashing bits around your ship.

Some people preach the "informativeness" of the bling, but in fact it's anybody's guess what many of the effects are at all, even when they aren't all mashed together into an incomprehensible color soup.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    Most of the stuff in that screenshot is not in fact "trait effects," there's at least an exploding ship, a tykens rift and gravity well.

But yeah, they should have option to hide the unnecessary spinning flashing bits around your ship.

Some people preach the "informativeness" of the bling, but in fact it's anybody's guess what many of the effects are at all, even when they aren't all mashed together into an incomprehensible color soup.

Even if it is "informative" I really don't see the problem in "handicapping" myself if I choose to
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User

Agreed. I put an awful lot of work into my particular ship look--two C-store ships, one T5, one T6, plus the Terran Rep shield--and it's quite disappointing that I can't see it half the time in actual combat. And since I have no clue what most of those glowy lights mean individually, let alone when they're overlapping... What, exactly, is the point? Yes, an option to turn off at least the ship-specific lights would be really nice.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    +1 to turning off cartoon mode. Lets have it disable the holo rubish on ground stuff too.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Bear in mind that the effects are not really for you, but for other players, letting them no what effects and powers your ship is using.

True, most people don't care or recognize them.
  • Options
    sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I think this is a great idea, plus it would save some fps on the pc.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

None of that really affects the view of the ship. Look at the ship itself. All you can see is the warp engines. That's from various traits and skill effects.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    discojer wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the effects are not really for you, but for other players, letting them no what effects and powers your ship is using.

True, most people don't care or recognize them.

We are talking about a client-side option here, everyone around you would still see all the flashy lights, you would just have a cleaner experience yourself if you used the hypothetical option to turn the unnecessary effects off
    eaY7Xxu.png