Install Arc
Options

[CLOSED] TSC 1-year anniversary - SCIENCESHOT

comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
TSC2.jpg

SCIT-IT-UP & WIZARD RECRUITMENT

READABLE VERSION
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL ANNIVERSARY

The Science Channel is nearing its 1st year anniversary, and in order to celebrate 1 year of good vibes and shenanigans of pure science, the TSC staff have put together a series of amazing events and really amazing prizes for you guys to enjoy. Info on our main event, which involves the foundry, will be revealed at a later date, so keep an eye out for that.

Thank you to our amazing sponsors for making this possible
  • mmps1
  • bossblt
  • tunebreaker
  • kronos1996
  • cryjacleu
  • comrademoco
  • lordsteve1
  • Casaubon
  • ashtarprime
  • The 1st Fleet
  • GAFleet

Scienceshot Contest

In this event all you captains are tasked with taking the sexiest, drool dropping and panti….. dropping screenshot of your favorite science vessel or science captain in action, for the chance to win some amazing prizes including a brand new, shiny, polished and beautiful ”Na’kuhl Daemosh Science Vessel”!

When
  • January 20th to February 3rd
  • Winners: February 6th

Prizes
  • Na’kuhl Daemosh Science Vessel
  • Master Keys X 5
  • Fleet Ship Module
  • Ship Upgrade Requisition
  • Delphic Tear Generator

Some Rules
  • Think of SCIENCE… Cause you/we believe in Scienceeeeeeeee
  • Be creative; and have fun with it, come up with your vision of 'SCIENCE'. Space & ground perfectly valid.
  • Tools like Photoshop or taking screenshots from Demorecord Tool, from the demos you recorded are perfectly within rules!
  • Only one entry per one user.
  • Entering the contest with more than one account, to bypass the "one entry per user" rule WILL get you disqualified.
  • You can edit your entry throughout the month's contest at your leisure. Just edit your entry with another picture if you want/need to.
  • All images must be at least 1920x1080 for submission. Or larger.
  • Images not meeting the size-requirement will not qualify for the grand- prize of being converted into a wallpaper for the TSC!
  • All images must be submitted in JPEG form. If you add any graphic elements to your picture, make sure you do keep the .PSD file, in case you win!
  • Adding custom flavor to your image is encouraged! (Ie. editing in Photoshop)
  • Absolute must - All images must be purely made by using Star Trek Online visual assets. Don't use any TV series/movies pictures!
  • No usage of third-party 3D models. As above. Your entries must be done purely by using STO visual assets and/or your creativity. (Photoshop editing - it HAS to be your work)

How to Scienceshot
  • TSC HIGHLY recommends that you use DemorecordTool in order to record runs and take screenshots via there… (links in the spoiler)
  • Type "/renderscale 2" (or larger number, but needs stronger computer/GPU) into your chat window before you take the image.
  • Type "/screenshot" to take image.
  • This will create a large .TGA file in the directory, which you can convert in Photoshop, to fit the required size.
  • Additionally, you can edit your screenshot, to add custom perks to it, you deem fit! The only rule here is, again, and this is emphasized - it must be your work!
  • You can find your screenshot folder in "\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots" - that being a rule of thumb on most computers
  • Finally upload the screenshot to an image hosting site such as www.imgur.com and then post its' URL here with the
    [img]image-url-here[/img]

We look forward to seeing all your amazing screenshots. Don’t forget the image MUST be related to SCIENCE… Cause you/we believe in Scienceeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Be sure to also check out our other 2 events (WIZARD RECRUIMENT and SCI-IT-UP), links in the spoiler… Shiny Sphere Builder Edoulg Science Vessel being given away!!! Links in Spoiler.

As Always,

See you in game but most of all; Have Fun!!!
~ The Science Channel
6tviTDx.png

Post edited by comrademoco on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2017
    TSC anniversary FAQ

How do I join the Channel?

Voice Comms
    • Discord: gXCuCsK (use this code to join our discord with-in the app
    • Web: go to voice .stoscience .net (make sure the whole thing is connected - vanilla's forum post problems prevents the posting of . nets...)

In Game
    • Type: /channel_join The Science Channel

Screenshot Contest

Please make sure you post your in game @ handle so we can send you the prize if you happen to win

Commands for screenshots
    • /gfxsetdefaultfov 25 (narrow)
    • /gfxsetdefaultfov 55 (default)
    • /gfxsetdefaultfov 75 (fisheye)
    • /visscale 2
    • /renderscale 2
    • /screenshot_jpg

Lastly use www.imgur.com to post your screenshots here :smile:
    Post edited by comrademoco on
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Finally, it's January the 20th here in the Netherlands :p I'm just participating for fun btw.
    Direct link: http://i.imgur.com/rSkHgZz.jpg
    [img][/img]rSkHgZz.jpg

For me Science is that: Vesta, sensor scan, torpedoes, gravity well, laughing at beams :)

• Options
    e8333e8333 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    tOKgK6j.jpg

With the war against the Iconians and its heavy toll on the Alliance over, the astrometrics officer of the U.S.S. Sakura takes a sigh of relief as the crew preperes to scan another asteroid. Peace had been scarcely availible until recently, and both the Yorktown class ship and the nearing gekli hoped that it be that way to stay.

My entry for the contest, with Science in mind I decided to try and capture the more peaceful nature of exploration, one of the heart values of the Federation that can sometimes feel lost in the game.
    Research and unexpected encounters are all part of an exploration, with the appearance of the gekli while the ship is scanning the asteroids for samples I hope that this has been captured somewhat and adds more life to the overall concept.

Good luck to all entrantrs!
    Post edited by e8333 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Catherine_xSmall.png

"All this firepower deserves a target."
  • Options
    Good too see so many entries thus far, remember captains that you can change you entry during the allotted time...

Need some more inspiration to get your science juices flowing???

qWYsyv8.jpg

We look forward seeing more entries from you guys

6tviTDx.png

• Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Having trouble getting mine to show up as a picture, rather than a link.... >_<;

I've no idea how to link a picture from imgur -and- get it to appear as a picture, like other pics in this thread...*sad sigh*...little help, someone?
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    capemike4 wrote: »
    Having trouble getting mine to show up as a picture, rather than a link.... >_<;

I've no idea how to link a picture from imgur -and- get it to appear as a picture, like other pics in this thread...*sad sigh*...little help, someone?

use this link: http://i.imgur.com/Y0CPFWc.jpg
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    There we go...all fixed!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    e8333 wrote: »
    tOKgK6j.jpg

Not technically a science ship. Unless there's one we can't see hiding behind the cruiser? ;)

• Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    It doesn't have to be a science vessel
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    That's a science variant of the flagship so that's perfectly within the rules. And it's doing some exploration as well so that's the very essence of science.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Rules state:
    "Be creative, and have fun with it, come up with your vision of 'SCIENCE'"

All entries so far are absolutely following this guideline. :)
  • Options
    I would've gotten a better picture, but I'm afraid my PC will implode if I try anything higher than renderscale 2....

...that said, if someone else gets a shot of my ship at a far better visual setting, am I allowed to use that picture instead of my current entry, or am I required to stay with my original entry?
  • Options
    It has to be your work/screenshot/edits :smile:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    It has to be your work/screenshot/edits :smile:

Ah, ok...; just wanted to be sure!
  • Options
    fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @fringecutlery
    UtvPfDg.jpg

A scientist sciencing some Elachi.
    Post edited by fringecutlery on
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I think I'll have to go with a classic, the Wells class U.S.S. Hawking during an encounter with the Elachi.

R9qoYbT.jpg
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Don't forget a shiny, brand new, drool dropping NA'KUHL DEAMOSH SCIENCE VESSEL is up for wins
    jLpmVO7.jpg
    ~ thank you to @mmps1 for letting me use his deamosh for this screenshot
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I think I'll have to go with a classic, the Wells class U.S.S. Hawking during an encounter with the Elachi.

R9qoYbT.jpg

wow :o

That's a very nice looking ship and scenery there :)
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

wow :o

That's a very nice looking ship and scenery there :)

Thank you. Your Vesta shot kicking Herald butt is pretty darned sweet too. :smile: It's funny, I usually avoid shots where there's clear clipping, but I was in love with the green glow on the near side even though it's from a clipped beam. The clipping is subtle, so it doesn't detract too much from the picture, I figured.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    jayceardenjaycearden Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    This is my AOY tactical officer at the Battle of Procyon 5. I spec'd him to make use of temporal ships, even got the sphere builder carrier for him and with the carrier's delphic shockwave trait I got an idea to use a scryer intel science ship in an unusual way. The following is a screen shot making use of tractor beam repulsors with the repulsor pull doff, delphic shockwave from the starship trait followed with charged particle burst to trigger my secondary deflector radiation damage.

i9RxaTt.jpg
  • Options
    Ooooo... that Rhode Island shot is verrrrry nice @reyan01.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    @reyan01 please indicate which of the 3 you want as your entry...

Remember 1 entry per contestant
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    edited January 2017
    A screenshot of my Daemosh, the Red Blade.

9INes0N.jpg

Just to show how lurvely the the TOP PRIZE in this contest looks!

Come on guys don't ya want a chance to win?!?!?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    alfheimwandereralfheimwanderer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    rN6TOK8.jpg

Just a bit of exploration of a certain race's facilities...

In-game: @ensalience
    Post edited by alfheimwanderer on
  • Options
    neostalgic08neostalgic08 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Here is my beauty: The R.R.W. Ishimura

K1fXeFx.jpg

• Options
    Captains there's 5 days left to enter for his contest, enter while you still can, remember Lobi Ship is up for wins!!!!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Not a fancy space pic, but in the spirit of science for sure!

"To seek out new life and new civilizations..."

VqTzucE.png

ingame handle @vangarvega​​
    Post edited by angrytarg on
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    u_s_s__vinarth_on_approach_by_salacnar-daxezea.jpg
    My shot at the prices
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    I can only hope my shot is good enough...but Salacnar is really stepping up his game.... :D