test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Season 12: Reckoning

2»

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Shame. The last mission was a great exploration mission, but it looks like we're going straight back to war.

More exploration please!
  • noobulusprime#8572 noobulusprime Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    Suggestions:
    Figure out some way to simplify in-game currency. Dilithium, EC, Zen, Lobi, etc.. Kind of a hastle having to buy a bunch of master keys to access rewards from Lock Boxes and hope for the best regarding Lobi Crystals. Maybe a place where we can buy crystals in the C-Store or what not. There's a bunch of really fun ships out there that I'm certain many players would love to try out.

They're a "consolation prize". The only reason Lobi exists is to offset the loss of opening 99% of lockboxes. It's also easy enough to get the ships, just open the boxes and buy them with the Lobi inside. Players have all the opportunities in the world to get the ships because you can ALSO buy them off the exchange for EC from other players who have opened the boxes. You can also sell the items from the boxes you get for EC to buy a second ship off the exchange getting you TWO Lobi ships by the time you have enough Lobi for one.

You also can buy crystals from the C-store, they're called "master keys" and you use them to open a lockbox to get the crystals or R&D packs during special events like we just had.

Simplifying currency isn't the answer, learning how things work is. Don't ask for simplification if you're not willing to at least take a couple minutes to ask your fleet in game how things work.

I do know all that and also do everything you've mentionned. All i'm saying is buying Master key packs at 10$ for 10 keys a bunch of times with a risk of having few crystals to get to 900 instead can cost waayy more than a regular T6 from the C-Store. I don't see why it's necessary to be so rude bud.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »
    It's also easy enough to get the ships, just open the boxes and buy them with the Lobi inside. Players have all the opportunities in the world to get the ships because you can ALSO buy them off the exchange for EC from other players who have opened the boxes. You can also sell the items from the boxes you get for EC to buy a second ship off the exchange getting you TWO Lobi ships by the time you have enough Lobi for one.
    True enough, and you're really far better off being patient and saving up to buy the ships off the Exchange.

And since we're in the neighborhood, I'm going to indulge in a bit of speculation as to some of the contents of the upcoming batch of the things, ship-wise...:
    • the Shuk-din frigate (possibly seen as the discus-like ship here);
    • either the Broln'ta cruiser (seen at right, facing away from camera, here) or the Rhas'bej battleship
    The Tzen'tar dreadnought is not listed here because it likely won't be literally 'inside' a box, but rather in the same spot as ships like the Astika or Tarantula.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I am looking forwards to see what the new faction will be, and if we might see either the reputation weapons being Plasma-based, or something like tetryon or polaron weapons for the new rep. As we have three anti-proton energy weapons types, one phaser, two disruptor, one polaron, and one tetryon based weapons in the reputations. It sounds like it might be a Lukkari reputation so it might be tetryon or polaron for the weapon type, while we might get the Tzenkethi with having plasma-based weapon type in their lockbox maybe called proto-plasma or something. What do you all think?

Also I would love to see a dual ground/space battlezone that are connected in ways, but which have their own specific rewards for ground or space activities, and yet activites that you need to do specific things in both to get access to optional objectives for additional rewards an even unique ones. Like to open access to a unique zone boss you might need to do certain actions in the ground part of the battlezone, and then another set of actions in the space portion that lead to opening a part of the zone that is blocked off (like by a shield). Though i am sure this would need to be something created later on in the expansion, but it would be interesting to see done an different from the normal ones. Another idea is that if we have another Terran/undine styled space battlzone maybe have the star-bases that arrive give a main large city-ship/boss-ship a different set of buffs from each while the bases are active, and that you get different amounts of rewards for how many bases are defeated when you kill the main city-ship/boss-ship.

Another interesting idea would be to create a multi-faction battle-zone/adventure, which we as players choose which of the factions we are allying with to determine what missions we get in the zone. This could be done where the three factions find a world that in their history was said to be their home before they were exiled from it, and after finding it once more a war erupts over which faction keeps the world. There could also be missions to investigate the world an why the three factions origanally left, explore ruins, and what have you almost like New romulus kinda.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    zulisvel wrote: »
    OMG is that a T6 VESTA / AVENTINE?!! just by looking at the saucer; you can tell it has the aux cannon ports, and its shaped just like the T5, so my guess is that the ship pictured MIGHT be the TIER 6 VESTA / AVENTINE! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12:-reckoning

Ehhh. Looks like the underside of the Pathfinder class (T6 Intriped) that's already in the game to me.

Agreed
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I am not honestly sure we are going into a war type action like we had with the Iconian, or even the temporal war, but more of small skirmish actions against a smaller yet aggressive power. So the amount of ships needed for such actions would be far less, and much easier to replace compared to a full scale war action. Also the Temporal war seemed like it was using more ships from the 31'st century, compared to those of out current time period an so the alliance would not have been expending ships for it. There is also the fact that all of the fighting would be on a much smaller scale as well,since the listed que an battlezone sound to be in, or on the border of Tzenkethi space. Which would make it that the alliance would have the upperhand boxing them in on all sides.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Again, I know fighting bad guys is the core of any MMO - but one war after another after another; it's a wonder the Alliance has any ships left to actually fight yet another enemy, let alone one who should be very well off in terms of resources( since the Tzenkethi don't seem to have involved themselves in any of the recent conflicts).

Well, the Tzenkethi are a pretty small power on the star charts, about the same as the Gorn IIRC. Their renewed aggression could be the result of them perceiving that the Federation is weak and vulnerable after the Iconian War.
  • petlan76petlan76 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Looking forward to the giveaways, they're always my favorites :)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    OMG is that a T6 VESTA / AVENTINE?!! just by looking at the saucer; you can tell it has the aux cannon ports, and its shaped just like the T5, so my guess is that the ship pictured MIGHT be the TIER 6 VESTA / AVENTINE! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10348243-season-12:-reckoning

Ehhh. Looks like the underside of the Pathfinder class (T6 Intriped) that's already in the game to me.

Agreed

Doesn't to me.
    - The deflector of the Pathfinder is rectangular. The deflector area on the ship in picture resembles that on the Manticore more than the Pathfinder.
    - The pattern on the underside of the saucers don't match
    - The nacelles don't match those on the Pathfinder
    - The nacelle pyons on the Pathfinder dip downward
    - The underside of the saucer in the picture has a 'rim' along the line of the lower saucer identifical to the T5 Vesta, but something the Pathfinder doesn't have.
    - Doesn't appear to be a aeroshuttle dock - it has glowing green-ish.... something there instead.

Considering Captain Ezri Dax (with the USS Aventine) popped in to help Deep Space K-13 with their personnel issues, I'm hoping there'll be T6 Vestas (and hopefully *crosses fingers for luck, not easy while typing* equivalent ships for Klingons and Romulans for a 9 ship bundle). Maybe they'll be added sometime during Season 12.
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Will we find out this week if there's to be a t6 Vesta ?
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User

It is.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    That's not so hard to tell considering which side the trails are coming off.
    I'd rather it spin. So should the APU. Gamera!!​​