test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Nagus Marauder?

Anyone have it, and or know how you get this?
1686is5.jpg
The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Some people have it. No one knows for sure how you get it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Even those who have it are not 100% sure what they did to earn it.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    It was a give away to those that spent over 1000 on the game, or so it seemed.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    It was a give away to those that spent over 1000 on the game, or so it seemed.
    Has to be more than $1,000. Otherwise, a LOT more people including me would have it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    It could be more but it was based on how much you spent in game.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2017

And we know this how exactly?! All we know, is that it was given out for being a 'loyal customer' (verbatim). That's all, and could mean just about anything (including the lucky winners getting picked out of a hat). I, otoh, got one for being a special snowflake. :P And because I'm pretty. The rest I don't know about.

Seriously, Cryptic never listed the criteria, and they should wisely never do, because any number published, like X dollars, and ppl will ensure they spend exact X+1, and no more. Better to have us guessing, and probably spend way more than the required X amount... if it was even based on spending to begin with.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Yes I agree. I also know multiple people that spent over $5,000, which I'm not too far off from, and none of us got the ship either. So really it's anyone's guess.
  • Options
    stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    Hmm... My Ferengi has bought the max personal bank slots a lifetime subscriber can have and filled each slot with Latinum packages and prototype consoles, has over 1mil in GPL, unlocked all the Latinum trophies and titles, and the Golden Knowledge. He needs that latinum ship I tell ya!
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,347 Community Moderator
    I'd love one for my Ferengi as well, but alas, the mystery of how to acquire one continues to elude us.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »

As @meimeitoo stated, the criteria for receiving the ship in question was never revealed. A few rumours circulated, the most popular being

A: Player has spent ****
    B: Player has been with the game for a long time

However, A was debunked - several players noted that they hadn't spent anything for a long time yet received the email/code anyway. B was also debunked as there were players who received the email (and therefore code for the ship) who hadn't played for a long time.
    And to make things worse, some players received two codes - and couldn't even DO anything with the second one.

The only official word on it was that it was based on player loyalty - which didn't really answer anything.

Anyway - it has all been said already but it was, in my opinion, a bit of a PR disaster really.

Those that received a second code... they should sell it 8D
    1686is5.jpg
  • Options
    The codes were account bound so they could literally do nothing with a second code.
  • Options
    The codes were account bound so they could literally do nothing with a second code.

Ohhh... sell their account XD
    1686is5.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The conditions for getting it are known only to Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    stolts wrote: »

Ohhh... sell their account XD

(time to put on the serious pants)

That would be a TOU violation and it wouldn't help your Ferengi character. Basically, the latinum plated Ferengi marauder was a very special thing. You can view the Nandi was the more easily accessible alternative, but if you didn't pick it up at the time then there's not much you can do besides save up and wait for Cryptic to (potentially) update the Ferengi lock box for the consoles (which would mean a T6 Marauder update for the PC's infinity lock box.)

That or just save up to buy the T5 version now from the exchange, but given what I just said that might not be a wise decision in the mid/long term.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

As @meimeitoo stated, the criteria for receiving the ship in question was never revealed. A few rumours circulated, the most popular being

A: Player has spent ****
    B: Player has been with the game for a long time

However, A was debunked - several players noted that they hadn't spent anything for a long time yet received the email/code anyway. B was also debunked as there were players who received the email (and therefore code for the ship) who hadn't played for a long time.
    And to make things worse, some players received two codes - and couldn't even DO anything with the second one.

The only official word on it was that it was based on player loyalty - which didn't really answer anything.

Anyway - it has all been said already but it was, in my opinion, a bit of a PR disaster really.

Honestly, it might be for the best for Cryptic to remain mum on the requirements of getting a Nagus. If everyone knew what, exactly, had to be done to acquire one then tons of people would strive to do exactly that only for the sake of their shiny new ship. And with everyone able to simply aim for it, it becomes a lot more common and a lot less special for those who've earned them through whatever ambiguous criteria Cryptic has set.

And I have to think Cryptic uses/used (no clue if they still ever get sent out or not) to reward players for their loyalty/dedication/generally being a positive force for the game. I'd wager the majority of those with the Nagus were just going about their day, selflessly basking in their love of STO.

Because, as we know, it doesn't appear to be a strict "Has been playing this long," or "Spent X amount of real bucks," qualifier. I wonder if Cryptic just keeps an eye out for those who write guides, regularly help out new players, organize in-game player-run events, or even have dedicated themselves to making quality content in the Foundry. It's hard to say without knowing the details of virtually everyone who *does* have one... though I'd wager that number is incredibly small, based purely on my anecdotal evidence that I've never actually seen a Nagus out in the wild.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Personally I'd say it's likely their distribution is more or less random. Especially if indeed some players have been "hit" twice.

All the wild speculation about how people have "earned" them, is just those people putting themselves on a pedestal.
  • Options

That would be a TOU violation and it wouldn't help your Ferengi character. Basically, the latinum plated Ferengi marauder was a very special thing. You can view the Nandi was the more easily accessible alternative, but if you didn't pick it up at the time then there's not much you can do besides save up and wait for Cryptic to (potentially) update the Ferengi lock box for the consoles (which would mean a T6 Marauder update for the PC's infinity lock box.)

That or just save up to buy the T5 version now from the exchange, but given what I just said that might not be a wise decision in the mid/long term.

I guess you didn't get the joking emote "XD" I know it is a violation, lol.

When I got the Kelvin Connie (the week it came out) I made a post saying we finally got it! Which means the original TOS connie is soon to follow. Then all the "Why do people insist on the TOS Connie [T6]?! CBS said, yada yada..." started popping up again, lol. I went on hiatus and when I came back, I find the TOS Connie [T6], lol. I'll go on break again and when I come back the Nagus will be available... probably :)
    1686is5.jpg
  • Options
    ryghanryghan Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Doubtful..at least not the Latinum one - since it was only a "select few" (with none being able to figure out *why*) and Cryptic being...well, cryptic and only saying for "being a loyal customer". But, I wish you luck in your quest (hopes) of a Nagus ship that will make your Ferengi Ears tingle.
  • Options
    Most people assume that some form of a T6 Marauder will come out but it won't be a Gold plated T6. And it certainly won't be an account wide unlock like the promotional version was.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    stolts wrote: »

I guess you didn't get the joking emote "XD" I know it is a violation, lol.

I did, actually, hence "(time to put on the serious pants)." It's worth pointing out a few things because you may not be the only one coming to this thread who's interested in the topic. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!