test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ULC Annual #1: Identity Problems, Discussion Thread

aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Ten Forward
This is the discussion thread for ULC - Annual #1: Identity Problems

This is a new unofficial literary challenge to start off the new year!

Along with the regular ULC's, this is an optional challenge I've decided to start for developing a lesser used alt, or just to flesh out one of your characters. For best results, the idea of the ULC-Annual, is to stick to one character for the remainder of the 12 month challenge. More in-depth summary on the Entry thread.

Obviously you don't have to participate for all 12 prompts, I just thought it would be something interesting and new to try with the start of 2017.

I've already got the prompt picked out, and will be posting it shortly.

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This is a cool idea. I like it. Now I just need to figure out who to use for a whole year. Hmm.
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    Interesting.

Almost reminds me of Jaune Arc from RWBY, who got into Beacon Academy on fake transcripts.

I might need to see if I have anything for this.
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    This is a cool idea. I like it. Now I just need to figure out who to use for a whole year. Hmm.
    Thanks, can't wait to see you pick! I read through your entries the other day, and man you have a lot!
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    Interesting.

Almost reminds me of Jaune Arc from RWBY, who got into Beacon Academy on fake transcripts.

I might need to see if I have anything for this.

Now that you say that, I can totally see it! Hope you manage to finish up what you have, lol!

• Options
    I shan't forget my own prompt this month, it took me a while to build up the motivation to finish this, if only because I was split between prompts. Here is Scapegoat, a short piece of fiction that is left up for you to decide what happens. At least for now...
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I think an idea has occurred to me. I'll have to take some liberties with the prompt, but I think I'll still have the essence in there...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    aten66 wrote: »
    I shan't forget my own prompt this month, it took me a while to build up the motivation to finish this, if only because I was split between prompts. Here is Scapegoat, a short piece of fiction that is left up for you to decide what happens. At least for now...

Sorry, just noted the posting had gone up - so Drake's taking advantage of the falsehood to get a mole?

Interesting start (though getting close to Greggs really isn't healthy, is it?)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Sorry, just noted the posting had gone up - so Drake's taking advantage of the falsehood to get a mole?

Interesting start (though getting close to Greggs really isn't healthy, is it?)

More like an errand boy, because Drake already knows everything. Ha ha ha... *shudders*

Can't help it here, Ohir quite literally replaced a temporal event concurrent with Gregs at the start of 2409, keeping Gregs from ever visiting an alternate timeline and thereby being directly responsible for destroying it. Ohir was my Fed Delta recruit after Drake, but he's technically late to the party, so as a result
    instead of finding Iconian tech, he works with DTI to unlock a mental block on his memories, when he does so, he'll end the loop by going back and recruiting his past amnesiac self; all to avert a timeline where he was indirectly recruited by the Sphere Builders to destroy Gregs in Gregs Son'aire Must Die!.

Said mental block above acts as a quasi-temporal lock, releasing memories as time passes, which is why he was able to go on the Fast Track to become a Captain, he already had the skills and knowledge in his head, and he just needed time to unlock them. With a little training, bingo, bango, he had a ship with a catch.

Actually I think I mentioned him lately.... Ah, yes, ULC 30, my 'It's a Wonderful Life prompt'!
  • Options
    I got my character picked, using a highly elaborate science-based choosing algorithm called eenie meeni miny something or other. Now I must race the clock!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I got my character picked, using a highly elaborate science-based choosing algorithm called eenie meeni miny something or other. Now I must race the clock!
    Yes, you have only eleven months! :grin:​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »

Agh. So much pressure. *faints*
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    jonsills wrote: »

Agh. So much pressure. *faints*

*Brings in a weight weighing a ton, tosses it on Hawku*

There, oh wait!

*Takes out black marker, crosses out the 'Ton', writes '11 Months'*

The weight of eleven months, what's a bit more pressure to add?
    Post edited by aten66 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Hehe. *is crushed, physically*

Nice work. Looks like a lot of action is about to break out!
    Post edited by hawku001x on