test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Customize feature broken?

gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
One of my character uses the Breen Rezreth, and I had it colored exactly as I wanted for a certain look. Today switched to the Chel Boalg to get the Mastery unlocked, and when I switched back to the Rezreth my previous color scheme was gone. Went to the Shipyard to fix it, but none of my color choices take effect. None of the color choices seem to do anything.
screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Happens sometimes, hitting the randomize button usually solves this but if it dosen't you should report it.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Thanks for the tip, but randomize didn't do anything. But I found the culprit: Shield Visuals. Once I disabled that, all was back to my original color scheme.

Now why would shields change the color of your hull... ?

For that matter, why do impulse engines cause a trail in Sector Space, which is at warp speed? (I disable those visuals as well.)
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Also sometimes when the ship tailor DOES bork out, clicking the ship class on the left will reset things to work from default.

glad ya figured it out tho
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You can always customize without stuff equipped. some things are just awesome though:
    lusitaniac_by_marhawkman-d8808x5.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Glad you got it sorted. :) Also, keep in mind colors tend to apply only to selected patterns. So, if nothing changes, try applying a hull pattern or something.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Different shields and engines have a visual component. When put on your ship the visuals change the way the ship look same for engines. You can turn off the visual, like you did, or if you like a visual, but prefer another shield type. you equip the shield you like then place the shield that has a visual you like in the ships visuals tab that will also overide the visuals from the tailor.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck