test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Engineering Console Armor

I'm curious if the armor placed in the engineering console slot (ablative, tritanium, duritium, etc) stacks?

Let's say I have 3 ablative armor pieces that all provide 30% resistance to phasers. If I fill 3 engineering console slots with all 3, do I now have 90% resistance?

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Resistance consoles stack but they have extremely diminished returns. The more res you already have the less each new console/trait/whatevs adds to it.
    More often than not it's enough to get 1 fleet neutronium or one of the special crafted ones with [resAll] and call it a day because anything beyond just isn't worth an additional console slot.
  • mkm1911#2674 mkm1911 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Thanks for the tip. I started playing about 2.5 months ago, so I'm still trying to figure this out
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    the diminishing return really makes a second and third armor console a waste for the limited console slots. I don't use any dedicated armor consoles and rather get the armor bonus from various other sources like traits, sets, abilities, ...
    Certain setups can give you 70%+ armor without even slotting a single armor console.
    Go pro or go home